Monday, July 23, 2018

Ike!


First, the good stuff.  If you remember, Ike and Mike - kittens from a year ago?  Well, here is Ike! 

Ike, then and now.  His mom sent me his updated picture, and wanted to thank me again for bringing Ike into her life.  Yay!

IKE - Then




Ike Now
Today was TNR day for me.  I set four traps in hopes of getting four cats - mainly females, mothers of two litters I rescued this year.  I set the first one on Garson, AGAIN, and then moved down the street to Garson and Baldwin, where I've been putting down a plate of food for at least five cats sitting around every morning.  I set a trap there.  Then I scooted over to Parsells #3 and set a trap there, AGAIN.    Then off to Ferndale and Webster, trap set.  Boom bam blam.

Then raced to the Back Nine (west of Goodman to Niagara Street) to do that one dreaded spot, where the woman screams at me, but she wasn't awake this morning to scream, so I hurried to do that, did a few more, and then RACED back to the traps to check on them.  Boom.  Gotcha blackie on Ferndale and Webster (but its not the mom of the litter that had the severe eye wounds that Keller's Kats helped me out with by taking them after I rescued them from the hut I have on the property here).  Then to Baldwin and Garson, and Boom.  Gotcha sweet little grey and white baby, who continued to cry in the trap the entire time out.  Off to check on Garson, nothing, and then Parsells, nothing, and went back to the Back Nine to finish up my spots there, and then back again to the Front Nine (west of Culver up through Parsells, Melville, Garson, Webster area) to feed there, and then finally check back on the remaining two traps.  Sure enough, there was a kitty in the Garson trap.  Could it be the mom of Junebug, Patches, JP and KC?

I sure could use some help with the cost of spaying and neutering.  Its $80 per cat which means $240 out of my own pocket.  Which is pretty much empty!  If you care to donate any amount, I would appreciate your kindness more than you can imagine.  The clinic I use is Rochester Community Animal Clinic on Bay Street, and the phone number is 585-288-0600. 

Junebug, Jack, JP and Jamie all went to their new homes this weekend.  I can't wait to tell you about it, but I am off to work, and its going to be a busy day (as if it isn't already!)!  But all is good! 

One addition here:  Again, I was contacted by someone needing my help with cats.  Here is the conversation - you can scroll through it from the top to bottom.  If anyone can help, please let me know.   I would appreciate it.

I need help getting some stray cats off the streets. I just notice one today with 3 young ones she just had recently. I leave food out at night so that I know at least they get a good meal nightly but I really would like to get them into a home or shelter so they can have a normal life. Please contact me if you can help. John 585-415-8374 or message me back. Thanks
You accepted Jonn's request.
Hi john. Where is this?
Thanks for responding. I live at 38 Avenue D. Right near St.Paul Street. I just noticed this week a cat with 3 newborn kittens no more than 1 month old across the street from me in the mornings. I don’t see them everyday thou. I feel bad for those little ones knowing they don’t have a home as well. It horrible seeing all those feral cats. I really would like you help someday if I can get your help in getting these cats off the streets
I can't do it alone jonn. I would need your help with trapping them. I have too much on my plate. Give me details so I can post to friends to see if they can help as well.
I will talk to you soon.
Well the ones I’m concerned about are the 3 month old kittens that I recently became aware of. They usually are seen by me in the morning around 5:30am, thou I recently saw them at 11:30pm at night. They are at a house across the street from me at 33 or 37 Avenue D. The older 3 that I’ve been feeding are around 6 months old at least. They sit at my porch waiting till I come at night at 11pm for me to feed them. All of these cats I’m hoping to find a good home for them. I hate seeing them outside and with winter a few months away I’ll hate to see them freezing outside. I can be reached at (585) 415-8374. John is my name
Hi John, so, it sounds like the problem you have is bigger than I can handle. I don’t have the capability to do what I do on a daily basis, and help trap. There are other groups that can help you. Possibilities are: Habitat for Cats, and some individuals as well. I feed over 100 cats at 19 established locations near the public market every morning of my life in the dark, and trap when I can to get cats spayed and neutered – of those 100+ cats. I can’t possibly handle any more than what I am doing, by myself. Here is what I can offer. I can post this on my Facebook page, and I ask that you also post your plea on Frank Vaccarro’s page. He helps out many by posting far and wide to those that may be able to help. I can also lend you traps after showing you how they work, and you can at least get the ball rolling. Also, please call Rochester Community Animal clinic and ask for some surgery dates, where you can bring in a cat or two that you have trapped, and get them fixed. The cats you have sound feral, babies need to be rescued by latest 8 weeks or they become feral. There are many groups that are willing to provide you some shelter for them that will keep them safe and warm this winter as well. Everyone is inundated with cats. There are just so many, and it takes individuals like you to help, and I thank you so much for wanting to!
Chat Conversation End

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment