Friday, July 20, 2018

Spay Spay Spay Away!

Its been a very long week!

It was a normal morning out there, until I got to that one spot.  Then I heard that loudmouth woman shouting from a window in the upstairs of the house.  "Bitch you don't listen do ya!  I told you to stop feeding those cats!" and then I tuned her out.  She could have threatened my life but I didn't  hear her.  I just focused on placing a food bowl and water bowl under the PUBLIC TREE on the PUBLIC GROUND between the sidewalk and the road, and hightailing it out of there.  That bowl I placed needs to feed 5 cats for a day.  It won't.  I am having someone go over this morning and place more.

This person is uneducated, in more ways than one, that this lot she is telling me I have no right to be on is partial private and partial city owned.  I am on city owned property.



Agriculture & Markets Law, section 353 effectively makes feeding bans illegal anywhere in New York State. Even though feeding is legal, other laws cannot be violated in order to do the feeding.
For example, trespassing on someone else’s property to feed cats is still a trespassing offense.
But the answer to the often asked question, “Is it legal to feed the cats on a public sidewalk?” is “Yes!” provided the feeding does not create a health hazard or nuisance.



I've been educating myself on the laws of feeding feral cats.  Here is a good article, and you can skim through it as you see fit.  I see my self here in a few cases!

https://www.animallaw.info/article/detailed-discussion-feral-cat-legal-issues:

https://www.nysba.org/A41338AnimalLaw/


Rochester needs one of these logo's, and a plan to go with it.




PS, I have four slots this Monday to TNR four cats.   I sure could use some help with finances, as these cost me $80 per cat.  This is out of my pocket, when really it should be paid for by the city.  I am doing them a favor.  Please consider any amount - call Rochester Community Animal Clinic at  585-288-0600 to make a donation in honor of the future kittens born in Rochester.  Thank you.

Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment