Thursday, July 19, 2018

Gotham City

And I'm Catwoman.  But a GOOD Catwoman.  Rochester is Gotham.  But a BAD city.  Right now that is, for the homeless and feral population of cats.

Trouble may be brewing again from a phone call I received yesterday, which went into my voice mail.  I did not call the caller back, but it relates to the shelter I have ....  somewhere, and the rotten woman that lives next door there and screams at me that her nephews can't even come out to play with the vicious cats that live there.   She must have called the city.  These cats are the 5 sweet and ELDERLY cats that I've been feeding for nearly 10 years now - that are all spayed and neutered - two reds, three calicos - and who run from me if I have someone with me when I get out of the car.  This is the woman that lives in the house next to the lot that is half private property, and half city property.  I looked it up to verify.  My shelter is on city side.  It is so obscure in the back of this lot, hidden by long grass and weeds (the city mowers mow right up to it), that I've not had a problem feeding in years until the day I happen to put some bowls by the tree next to the road (completely legal to feed between sidewalk and road) and they saw me, after coming from the shelter in the back.  Then the 4 am. screaming began, as if I was a mile away and couldn't hear her.  She says she is scared and wants me to get rid of them.  Sure, that's easy lady.  I would love to take them all with me and never look at your screaming face again.  But ya can't take them.  If I could take them, I would have to also take the 100 other cats that run to me each day also.  Easy.  No problem. 



And now the city wants to remove my shelters.  The only homes these cats have, and have known for their little short lives.  The only protection they have from the rainstorms and blizzards we get frequently here in Rochester.




This is really the only thing I can write today, but I do want to draft a letter to this city official.  Anyone care to start it for me?

It should be about the shelters and how they provide the security for cats to come so that I can trap and neuter/spay them.  Without them, this city will be overrun with cats without getting them spayed and neutered.  And it has to start with the shelters where they trust the food will be there.

I have to run, but would love some feedback.

Thanks and have a great day!

"Love and hate
are such
strong words, 
they also 
cause so much 
pain."



No comments:

Post a Comment