Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Hump Day!


I’ll tell ya what.  I hate the rain.  I do I do I do.  And the humidity.  Good Lord.  For those without A/C, its got to be hard.  I would rather have it snow, believe it or not.  The rain messes with my hair, gets my feet and clothes wet, and I just plain can’t stand it.  Not only for me, but the cat food I place under a few trees around town – its soaked by now.  I also pull over nearly every morning for a cat that I see dart out from somewhere, in between my regular stops.  I place a paper bowl down for food, and one for water.  I shake it so they can hear it might be food for them, as they are running away.  You never know if it’s the only meal they will eat that day. 

Tuesday morning, as I went about returning the cats I trapped on Monday, I had a kitten run to me on Garson.  This is the same place where Beyonce gets fed.  The little stop I make before the big Garson Avenue colony I care for each day.  The spot just before where I rescued Patches, Junebug, JP and KC.  This kitten, I guess I am calling him little Buddy, just ran right up and hungrily gobbled the food I had placed under the board there so it wouldn’t get wet.  Poor little thing.  I have no idea where he came from, but he is very cute, and not any older than 4 months old.  Have to get him to a vet to get him checked, but otherwise he does look OK!


BUDDY


It was hard to return the cats I trapped on Monday back to the streets.  The sweet grey and white boy actually tried to go back in the trap after I lifted the door for him to exit it.  My heart broke.  There are so many sweet adult cats out there that just want to be loved.

I sit here now and think about the call I received last night from Paul, begging for some help for his roof.  He has holes in his roof and even though people WANT to help him, he has not received a new roof.  He has applied for several, year after year.  He asked me for legal help to get the city to provide him a grant to get a roof.  This man retired from the sheriff’s office years ago – apparently detailed the police cars -  and is considered a senior citizen.  This is a man who allowed me, for many years, to place a shelter in his back yard, and feed and house cats.  He is a very kind man with a dilapidated house and garage, and he has had roof issues for many years.  His house is considered a double, even though there is no second apartment, nor was there ever.  For some reason, the city will not provide a grant to anyone who owns a house considered a double.  I don’t know why, but I do know he needs help and I can’t help him.  I don’t know where to turn.  I would like to start a gofundme page, but I don’t even know how to start or what to say.  If anyone can help, please let me know.

Here are some picture of two kittens I adopted out this past weekend, Jamie and Jack, in their new forever homes!  

Jamie



Jack

 Have a great day!

"Choose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time."


No comments:

Post a Comment