Monday, July 9, 2018

Monday


Nothing dramatic happened this weekend - no word from City nor Nasty Nellie - except I spotted a baby red with white – fluffy kitten on Parsells #3.  My heart sank.  That was Saturday morning.  On Sunday, I placed two kitten traps there, set one, the other I realized is broken.    Anybody know how to fix traps???  When I went back to check, a smaller red cat was stuffed into the trap, and I had to let the little thing out.  It was not the baby kitten I had seen the morning before.  This morning, I placed the only working kitten trap I had, and nothing. 

I wish I were rich enough to quit my job and do this full time.  There are SO MANY cats on my route that need TNR (trap neuter and return).  That need RESCUING.  At this same location on Parsells, there is a pregnant cat as well.  We spotted her last Saturday, but the clinic I use was closed last week.  So nothing.  There are not enough of ME to go around.  I have too much on my plate.  Its just pathetic what is happening with the cats in this city.  And the city does NOTHING to help curb the overpopulation of cats, except kill them if in the shelters too long.  Keep letting kittens be born, and keep euthanizing them when they are older and homeless.  Its just so sad.

Buffy is being spayed today.  Her foster Mom Carol had a tough time getting her into the carrier for the trip to the vet this morning.  I taught her how to ‘scruff’ a cat, but it didn’t go so well, and she wound up chasing her around the room and wound up with a few scratches!  But she did it and Buffy is being spayed, FINALLY!  She is a beauty, but still quite shy.  I am hoping that the surgery will tame her a bit.  Poor thing has been through a lot.  And she has been in this room alone since I rescued her, and she really needs a companion. 

A sweet girl came over and met Junebug yesterday, and wants to adopt her.  The other three are quite adorable in their own way.  VERY playful – you can hear their little footsteps running around in the room they are in at night, and they are WILD!  Thank you to Jennifer, my official kitten photographer, and her two daughters, for coming over and doing their official portraits!  Here they are!  We have to get another, because Patches looks mad in this, but she is a doll.  Trust me. 





And I received an updated picture of Charlie!  Look at this boy now!  :) Still gorgeous!

CHARLIE!  Loving Life in a Box!
I have SIX kittens going in for surgery tomorrow.  Say a little prayer, although I know they are safe and will be fine.

Have a nice day!


“I CHOOSE…..
To live by choice, not by chance
To be motivated, not manipulated
To be useful, not used
To make changes, not excuses
To excel, not compete
I choose self-esteem, not self pity
I choose to listen to my inner voice,
Not to the random opinion of others”

No comments:

Post a Comment