Monday, July 30, 2018

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!

It was quite the weekend!  Mostly good stuff, some not so good. 

Two kittens were rescued off Joseph Avenue in the city, and guess who has them.  Yours truly.  But guess what else.  They are almost already spoken for.





The Bad, there are still three more out there, along with mom.

Buddy was met by one half of a couple on Saturday.  The other half is coming to meet him today.  The first half loved him.  He surely is a cutie.  He loves to play.  Although still growling at the big boys when he passes by, but I am SURE he will get over that in time.  This couple has a one year old male kitty at home.  Back off Buddy! 

KC was delivered to her new home on Friday.  She was pretty frightened, although nothing to be frightened of.  Her new mommy is quite the girl.  Its like we were meant to find each other.  She is so much like me!  Although Jordan, KC's new big sister, did not take to her very well, but little by little, we will get there.  KC spent the weekend on Sodus Bay!~  Her mom has a summer place there, and from the looks of it, she enjoyed every minute of it.




Saturday morning, with Sunday Sheryl riding shotgun, we drove down Melville heading home and saw a spot in the road up ahead.  We passed Melville #1 where I am sneakily placing plates and water for the cats that have been displaced because of the nasty redneck property manager for the empty house (going on............  five years now?) and a few houses from that was a kitten in the road, eating from an empty plate (garbage)  We spotted two very grey kittens.  At LEAST 8 weeks of age.  Panic set in, and as I got out, the kittens took off to the bushes of a house, and as I placed a plate down and made the kissy sound, out comes the mom, skin and bone, and sweet.  Hungry, and allowed me to pet her and feel her belly, to confirm she was the mom. 

Now I don't know what to do.  I am always asking for help when these situations arise.  I wish I had someone that could set a trap there, get the kittens - and mom would be easily picked up and placed in carrier.  But WHAT TO DO after that is what I am also needing help with.  I can't do one without the other.  I don't think I could put mom back out there without her babies, and her babies are too young to put back out even though they are close to feral.  HELP!


Image result for quotes on feeling helpless with homeless animals



No comments:

Post a Comment