Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Ugh.

Humans are amazing creatures.  Some are amazingly and inherently good.  Some are inherently not so good.  Some keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again.  Elizabeth Taylor, now wasn't she married 7 times, or something like that?  She must have been making the same mistake over and over - choosing the wrong type of guy?  Was she drinking too much and the husbands left HER?  Who knows, we ALL have our issues, for sure.

Personally, I have a one income household.  I have a lot of cats too.  I have a lot of bills too.  I also have a part time job where I feed over 100 cats a day that costs me $100+ per week, and try to get at least one cat a week spayed and neutered to the tune of $80 per cat.   I have an admin job where I stopped getting raises years ago because I was at the top of my pay grade, and my title was demoted.  I live paycheck to paycheck.  TMI.

I would never consider adopting a cat, yes, I have enough.  Most of the cats I have are rescues that no one would adopt for one reason or another.  The latest is Jules.  I don't think he will ever get adopted.  And most of my cats have issues.  Some are just elderly, and some have behavioral issues.  Jules has been bullied since I rescued him (he was very sickly looking and I thought it was his time to get off the street) by my other cats.  He was semi-sweet back then, but now he is slightly aggressive because of the bullying.   Now, I would never consider getting rid of any of them.  Boy have there been times where I have wanted to.  No doubt.  But these cats are my family.  No matter what, I would not trade them for the world.  (well..... ).





I received a message last evening from a former adopter.  She adopted a kitten from me the summer of 2016.  Back then, I was more lax about adoptions, before I was granted my 501c3 status.  I was more trusting.  I let this person take this kitten home without delivering first, and without the kitten being neutered, but a promise was left that he would be.  Well, things didn't go as planned and I was blocked from all contact with this person, and then I panicked.  I won't get into it again, but you can read all about it if you do a search on this blog for the name 'Sparky'. 

The message I received was this:  'hey me and Bill are getting divorced he literally walked out on us new years day i just left lawyers office and we are gonna end up moving i need you to take or if you know someone sparky and gizzy i can't and i know you are the best so can u take them or do u know someone who can.'

Now, I KNOW we all get into predicaments in life.  But this woman has TWO cats and TWO dogs.   And she has to? leave all of them behind.  WTF.  I don't want to criticize, I really don't.  But this is the epitome of irresponsibility.  I almost adopted out a kitten to her last year after she asked me.  I was told back in the beginning of the drama that this was something she had done before.  This person also has a teen aged daughter.  What must this daughter be feeling.  What am I supposed to do now with two two-year old cats?  This just happened early this year with Parsley and Hermie!  And they still are not adopted!  They are with a foster that - if we are honest - was and is hoping for a home for them soon!  HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THIS?  I can't even begin to process this.  I haven't even responded to her, yet.

On another note, I trapped a baby daddy this morning on Garson. I think it might be Junebug, Patches, JP and KC's dad.  He is a big old fluffy red and white male.  I was trying to get the unspayed mom.  At first, I trapped a tabby with a tipped ear.  And at the second trap I set on Parsells #3 I got a raccoon.  I am thankful this big fella went in because he will not be able to produce any more babies after today!



Have a great day.

"I've met many
irresponsible people in
my life but never an
irresponsible cat."

2 comments:

  1. Oh sure, now she doesn't want the cats she adopted because she is moving? That's akin to leaving your kids behind, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe she can leave the teenage daughter behind, too? No wonder her husband walked out on her. Probably woke up and realized what piece of trash she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN on that sister. I believe the cats will be better off without that loser. To bad Janine has to deal with it now. She has way to much on her plate already.

      Delete