Thursday, September 22, 2016

Rose Colored Glasses



I tend to look at life through rose colored glasses.  My glass is always half full.  

There are times when I feel like my bubble is being burst by people who tell me that 'this will never happen' or 'she will never do it', or 'you are wasting your time.'  I am in a constant state of positivity in my life, until I cross paths with a human.  From the time I wake, until the time I get to work, I am one happy girl.  Thank God there is a positive person crossing my path at least a couple times a day or I'd be a goner.

I am thinking about this Mayor meeting.  I tend to put things off, like my 'thinking cap', when I know a stressful time is coming up.  I am a last minute thinker, I am not a planner.  Ask my mother.   We are complete opposites when it comes to that.  My mother is already thinking about Thanksgiving, and beyond to Christmas morning.  I am trying not to go past today's lunch right now.  I have had some negativity from others about the outcome of this meeting, not that they want negativity to occur, but ..  I suppose these people are realists.  I am far from a realist, as I've tried to describe above, and I tend to think everything will be ok.  As long as I stay in today.  Expecting bad stuff to come my way will keep me from doing the very things that might minimize or avoid just that! Expecting good things to happen will lead to taking actions that produce positive results.



I love to laugh and I laugh at everything.  There is a co-worker who comes in and says Meow to me each day, like from the movie Super Troopers, we play this cat game.  I laugh hysterically each time he does it, where someone else would be so sick of it.  But I still laugh.  I laugh at anything corny.  If I didn't laugh, I would cry.  So why not laugh!  Why not think everything's going to be OK!

I need to avoid those that suck the life out of me with complaints, and commentary about everything that is wrong with the world, and the people in it.  Research says that seeing the glass half full not only makes you happier, it makes you healthier and wealthier.  I'll take it.

Sorry, today was rant day.

No kitten on Bay Street again.  No one has stepped up to adopt a kitten or cat.  BUT THEY WILL!  :)

Have a nice day.



1 comment:

  1. I'm a terrible procrastinator, too! And I love stupid funny stuff, like the recent commercial of the guys trying to pole vault into a pool. I was rolling. Did you see the cat and chicken video I posted on FB? It got funnier every time I saw it. :D

    ReplyDelete