Back to my mind - I forgot to give kudos to the last donation of food I received from The Simoni's for the Feed a Cat for Christmas campaign on February 4th. Their donation was made in honor, and in memory, of their cats - which I am sure, being the animal lovers they are, have been many. Thank you for helping me to feed all the kitties out there that need our help!
Now for the Valentine campaign! I have received just enough to cover 50 or so cards. Kristin dropped off that amount to me on Saturday. These cards are ADORABLE!!! I will scan some tonight and show you a few. Just the sweetest, all unique, most going to the elderly folks at St. Ann's Nursing Home on Friday.
|CUDDLES - ready for adoption!|
The good news: CAMMY is hopefully going to be adopted this weekend! WOO HOO. As you all know, I rescued Cammy early last year. A rescue group offered to take Cammy. Cammy tested positive for FIV. I felt terrible that I hadn't had him tested, so I felt it was my duty to get him a home on my own, if I could. Most people don't understand FIV. Its a totally OK disease to have, you just have to keep them warm and indoors because their immune system is weak. So I got a call from a woman who is a friend of a friend, and she started off by telling me that she has three FIV cats already and that she hoped I didn't have a problem with putting a rescue with them. I'm like, OMG! OF course its OK! And I immediately told her about Cammy. She said , yes! I will take Cammy! This person came down from heaven, I swear. Not only that, but she is interested in PARSLEY too!
|PARSLEY - in his slim days....|
- THE Owl and the Pussy-Cat went to sea
- In a beautiful pea-green boat,
- They took some honey, and plenty of money,
- Wrapped up in a five pound-note.
- The Owl looked up to the stars above,
- And sang to a small guitar,
- 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy, my love,
- What a beautiful Pussy you are,
- You are,
- You are!
- What a beautiful Pussy you are.'
- Pussy said to the Owl, 'You elegant fowl,
- How charmingly sweet you sing.
- O let us be married, too long have we tarried,
- But what shall we do for a ring?'
- They sailed away for a year and a day,
- To the land where the Bong-tree grows,
- And there in the wood a Piggy-wig stood,
- With a ring in the end of his nose,
- His nose,
- His nose!
- With a ring in the end of his nose.
- 'Dear Pig, are you willing, to sell for one shilling
- Your ring?' Said the Piggy, 'I will.'
- So they took it away, and were married next day,
- By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
- They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
- Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
- And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
- They danced by the light of the moon,
- The moon,
- The moon!
- They danced by the light of the moon.
- Edward Lear