Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Updates

Thanks Everyone for your advice yesterday.  I have and will pass on more to the family, but have not heard back from them yet from my e-mail to them yesterday, offering as a last chance to take Harold back.  Will keep you posted!

The following was written by a friend the day after my birthday last week, after I had posted that someone had removed my shelter from their vacant house porch.  I thought it was clever (and he thinks he is too...  :)), and share with you.

It’s the day after your Birthday
And all thru the hood
Not a new kitty was seen
Not even the jerk’s

But the bowls were removed
And placed on the curb
Why would he do that
It makes us perturbed

Some people realize
And some people don’t
That the best part of life
Is caring for those who can’t for themselves


The next picture is of BUTTERS!  and his pal.  Butters was rescued by me and adopted several months later by a nice family who already shared their home with the kitty on the right, and several dogs.  After a rough first couple of weeks with Butters, they finally fell in love with him, and he obviously fell in love with his new sister, Lovey!  :)

Butters and Lovey


Butters and Lovey


Remember Pumpkin and Magic?  These two boysI rescued from Pennsylvania Street last July when they were barely two or three months old, along with their mom Vanessa, who I still have.  After months of caring for them, they were adopted out at five months old, to a woman whose husband wound up allergic, and she returned them about a month ago.  My house was overloaded and Pet Pride of NY, which is a wonderful no kill shelter in Victor run by a WONDERUL woman named Norma offered to take them in and get them adopted.  They would surely be seen more than in my possession.  After much heartbreak, I gave them up.  Jessica had just lost her beloved cat Gxir and was looking for another two to add to her family of now one kitty.  Within a day of giving up Pumpkin and Magic, she asked me if I had any kitties that would be suitable for her, and I thought immediately of Pumpkin and Magic at the shelter.  Jessica knew of the situation and didn't care, and went and adopted them both!  Well, they are settling in very nicely in their new home with Jessica and her mom Sharyn.  I feel like they are staying in the family by being adopted by these two wonderful women.  Thank you so much for loving them!  The following are a few excerpts of what Jess has to say about them:

"Oh my gosh are they cute!  So snuggly and sweet and gentle.  Magic is really coming out of his shell and is making more eye contact with me.  He now presses into my hand when I pet his head instead of ducking away.  I was a little concerned about that at the shelter, but he's like a different cat now, following me around.  I had a wonderful snuggle with him in bed with big, loud purrs (from him, not me!) and then he moved over and let Pumpkin get his snuggles, who curled up in front of me, his paws kneading my chest.  It's 10:15 pm and Sierra still hasn't figured out they're downstairs!  ha!  She's not the savviest of cats.  They have their blankies on the couch when I'm in bed with my door closed and litter boxes, etc.  Cross your fingers for me that Sierra won't be too mean and pee all over when she does find them.  I think she was enjoying being the only cat."

and later...

"Last night went very well.  Magic has really come out of his shell and seeks my attention now. He's like a different cat from the one I saw in the shelter yesterday. They have a love seat they slept on last night, each on his own pillow and blankie. They follow me around like puppies and like to watch the toilet flush. Haha! They're just little lovebugs and so gentle and sweet. And they left my stuff alone in my craft room last night! So far, anyway. We just love them!  If Sierra knows they're here, she hasn't let on."



Pumpkin


Magic
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

No comments:

Post a Comment