Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Reflections




It’s my life and it’s now or never.
I’m not going live forever.
I just want live while I’m alive.

As I get older, I am reflecting on life more and more.  The older you get the closer to death you get, its an inevitable part of life, and I accept that.  So that means, to me, to celebrate each moment of the day, even if you are at a low point in your life.  I am grateful to be an optimist because no matter how bad my day went, I always look forward to the next.  I always keep hope that I can help just one more animal, that I can comfort just one more person who needs comforting, as we are all in the same boat. 

‘True friends’ are people who stick by me no matter what. They are there in grief and all my moments of celebration, too. I lean on them. They don’t judge me; in fact, they allow me to be a fallible human with quirks, fears and all the stuff that makes me vulnerable and imperfect. They see my best and my worst, and they “like” me anyways!

Life brings challenges because I am a spiritual being living in a human form.  It’s not easy being human.  In fact, it’s very difficult at times. Just when I think I’m on track, as if out of nowhere, I feel uninspired or off course. What is that? My spirit knows what I need even if my mind doesn’t always agree because my ego is very convincing, otherwise. The big challenges are the ones that create DRAMA and force me to look closer at the aspects of my being that need fine tuning and character development.

I can choose peace and happiness over stress, moment to moment. Those who know me well know that I’ve had lots of practice doing this! I choose to be happy, no matter what’s going on in my life.
Life works itself out. The only problems that can’t be solved are the ones that kill you, and I haven’t had any of those yet. I know that the things that are most difficult make me more resilient. As long as I embrace change, and I don’t resist what is, everything works out fine.  I have learned to bounce. I value resiliency more than almost anything, and I define this as the ability to bounce back from adversity. It's also a blessing to see that circumstances don’t define me but rather reveal my true nature.

Thanks for listening.



1 comment:

  1. Thats our girl Janine ! even from across the other side of the world, people, circumstances, reach out and affect us. "Father forgive them, they know not what they do".

    ReplyDelete