Monday, August 5, 2019

The News!~

Gummy Bear

ANDREW


What a weekend!  So, I delivered little Gummy Bear and little Andrew to their new homes, respectively.  What little sweet babes they are.  I remember well how we had to syringe feed these little ones, as they were taken from their mom before weaning - she was moving them out of the shelters they were born in.  Lichi and Gummy also had issues so they were seen at the vet, and the vet technician fell in love with Gummy Bear, and that's how that love affair began.  His new Mom Carol is a sweetheart, and GB will be loved til the end of time.  Andrew, the little suckler, went to his new family where he joins three teenage human sisters, two feline sisters, and a mom and dad.  The human sisters are gone to camp for the week, so he is just hanging with his mom and dad.

I also visited new mother Fluffy and her five babes.  They are completely adorable.  The kittens are now moving a bit more with their eyes having opened last week, so mom is trying her best to corral them.  I am ordering coloring collars to use to name them, so stay tuned on that!  Foster Mom Estelle is doing a beautiful job with them.

FLUFFY
(two of her kittens below)




Goldilocks and her seven bears - we have finally picked out names!  We will post the name with the kitten when Kristin is able, but in the meantime, here are the names!  The two red ones are Tater and Tot.  The rest are:  Huck, Finn, Rosco, Spanky and Scout!  Scout is the calico girl.

Goldi's Kittens!
Kristin and I also met with the CEO of Community Place on Friday.  What a very nice man.  Just to clarify, he claims it was not their doing to remove the shelters.  So I don't know who did.  The gist of the meeting was that he would have no problem with me placing the shelters, but he wanted to clarify with animal control as to what their practice is and how my rescue – other rescues – align with theirs, and he also asked us to reach out to the woman that made the complaint and see if we have her blessing.  This will be a task.  I did leave her a note on Saturday morning with my cell number, and asking if she would talk to me and Kristin for a few minutes some evening this week.  I have not heard back from her, so I will get Kristin to commit to a date some evening this week.  I am troubled going back out into these neighborhoods in the evenings as I think about the cats I’ve seen earlier that day.

We also mentioned the importance of educating the children that are mentored by Community Place.  There are so many residents in this neighborhood who are 'afraid' of cats - where there is NOTHING to be afraid of, and sadly, its generational.  Children learn from their parents.

I continue to try to trap the pregnant cat on Fourth Street - no luck.  Too smart.  Trying again tomorrow.

There is another black cat on Stout and Grand who is pregnant.  I will set a trap for her tomorrow as well.  This is where shelters were taken and destroyed on Friday and placed in a garbage can on property.  I don't know who owns this property either, but I will do some research.  These flimsy shelters were placed there under a bush - very obscure - to shelter the food from rain for the gazillion cats at this trash ridden location.  So sad, every morning, to pull up and they come running from all directions.

We need help, and we need it now.  There are not enough spaces at the clinic.  I can only trap one cat twice a week, if I am able.  Its just me!  There are HUNDREDS out there that need our help!

One cat at a time.

Have a great day.

“Don’t ever mistake my silence for
Ignorance, my calmness for acceptance
Or my kindness for weakness.
Compassion and tolerance are not a
Sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.”


No comments:

Post a Comment