Monday, August 12, 2019

The Lion King!

It seems there are a lot of reds in my life these days!  Kristin (a red head) met me over at the Dake Street property that belongs to Community Place.  We went to speak to the woman that complained about me feeding cats there.  She did not answer our door, even though we knew she was there.  I prepared a note, and left it in her mailbox.  I had asked her to call me.  Nothing.  We did, however, meet the only other person living on that street. LEX.  Lex was sitting out front and before getting back in the car, we decided to stop and talk to him.  What a pleasant man.  He was just sitting outside, and we told him what we were doing.  He told us it was a good thing what I was trying to do, in keeping the population down, and helping these cats survive on the streets by providing them shelter from the storms.  He mentioned that his neighbor complained about a lot of things. 

And then red cats!  

Look at Goldilocks and her babies!





And take a look at the cat I trapped this morning on Fourth Street, hoping to get a very pregnant mom, but I got her six month old son instead.  I feel terrible.  Mom is very very pregnant, ready to give birth.  I looked at the shelters we have set up in the driveway, with a board over the food dishes to shield from the rain, and the entrances are not big enough, nor is the space inside, for this mom to give birth in.  I must figure out a replacement for tomorrow, as we try to trap the mom again.  I am pretty certain she is not going to be trappable, and more kittens will be born on the street.




And take a look at the cat that I just rescued on Saturday morning from Parsells!  This itty bitty kitty ran up under the bush as Saturday Sheryl was pouring food down at 4:30 am.  Starving!  She came back to the window of the truck and told me about it.  I went to take a look, and immediately grabbed him.  He was not a happy rider for the remainder of the route, but once back in my bathroom, he gobbled up the food I prepared for him, and then happily sat on my lap, for as long as he could.  He spent the night in bed with me!  He's a real cuddler!


After spending a cozy night with me, "Simba" went directly to Foster Max's house, where Ollie the Dalmation, and five beautiful birdies share his space.  We did not know Simba's reaction to Ollie, but as you can see, they made fast friends!

There is a kitten on Ferndale Crescent, behind a house that I have shelters at.  There were four born, unnoticed until they were old enough to run run run!  One of these kittens is a little black tiny thing with its eyes crusted over.  While my heart sank and its depressing enough knowing this, we've been trying to trap a teeny weeny white with orange spots kitten on Short Street.  She is teeny.  I am sick over it. She won't go in the kitten trap I've been setting each morning.  She is FAST.  The crusted eye kitten hasn't been seen since Saturday, when Sheryl spotted it.

I see so much sadness.  

On a better note, five cats went to new homes this weekend.  First delivery was George and Charlotte.  Their new parents are just good, earthy people.  I clicked with them right away.  The kittens were scared at first, but I am told they are coming around.  They join a tiny little barking dog as their sister.  Poor beautiful all white Archie, the kitten, is alone now at with his foster moms – Shannon and Kathleen.  But they give him lots of love, and he has a few house buddies of his own…  a cat an four dogs!  We must get him adopted soon though!

Next delivery was to another great couple!  This is the daughter of a woman I’ve worked on and off at the hospital, and her fiancé.  They welcomed tiny Willie into their new home.  Willie joins an older feline sister and last report was having a ton of fun with her.  Next delivery was the next morning – Foster Mom Sue drove her charges, Uncle Charlie, and little kitten Davey, to their new home.  Sue’s cousin and her son – sweet, and funny.  They will also be adopting baby Cairo when he is old enough!  IThis morning's update on them:  "Little guy has decided hiding is finished. I heard a rumpus so I came down for an early breakfast. I am retired. All 3 of us have eaten. I think I will see if I can get back to sleep now that I know the house is still standing. BTW, the little guy's purring is bigger than he is."

Uncle Charlie and Davey
After Sunday’s deliveries, I went to visit Fluffy’s babies.  Foster Mom Estelle is doing a fabulous job with them.  Kittens were all tagged with colored collars and are now named!

DOZER






We have:  Lex, Eloise, Dozer, Tallulah and Milo.  I took pictures while friend Maree held them, but I wasn’t able to get very good ones, upon reviewing them.  But here are a few.  I must ask a friend to photograph them and add names.  They are adorable regardless!  And Fluffy, what a great mom she is!




I have not seen Goldilocks and her kittens in weeks.  I have not seen Sue’s kitties she is fostering for me, nor have I gone to say hello to Steve, whom Gaye is fostering.  It seems my weekends are now spent delivering kittens, and choosing which fosters house to visit kitties at.  I try not to complain, but I could use a break!   But when you are solely responsible for all these cats, its my duty to get them to their new homes personally – to make sure the homes are clean and safe.  So this takes up a good portion of my day, which starts at 3 am., and ends at 6.  I like to schedule deliveries, and visits, in the mornings, so that leaves me with the afternoons to do all the things I need to do.  I am STILL waiting to clean out my junk drawer.

So that’s it.  Another busy weekend.


Have a great day!

"Gratitude is riches, 
complaint is poverty."

No comments:

Post a Comment