Monday, August 19, 2019

Vanessa



Let me begin with Vanessa.  Vanessa was rescued early September in 2012.  She was sitting in the bushes watching her two wild children romp about catching grasshoppers in the grass.  It took me no time to scoop all three into a carrier from Pennsylvania Avenue that cold fall morning.  Her children went on to their new home together (thank you Jess!), while Vanessa stayed with me.  I tried and tried to get her adopted, but without social media for me back then, I had no luck with just word of mouth.  She became the daughter I never had.  I loved her to pieces.  I called her my brat because as all cats are known for their 'I don't give a shit about you attitude', Vanessa fit right into that category.  But I loved her just the same, and she was also a 'Daddy's girl' wanting to be with Kings more than me. 



I noticed her losing weight recently, but more so the past two mornings, where she wasn't even the first one on the counter any more waiting for her wet food morning treat.  I found her Saturday morning laying on the floor, and I had to check her to see if she was still alive.  She was, but barely.  I had to go out with Saturday Sheryl to feed the millions of cats I feed, and I asked Kings to take her to the emergency vet.  Her heart rate was very low, and she had a very low body temperature.  We did blood testing, but after that, she was going down fast.  We decided that she had a good life, and we didn't want her suffering, so a good bye was said, and Kings gave her a kiss for me, and off Vanessa went to join the rest of the gang that has gone before her.  I miss her so much I called one of the other cats Vanessa this morning.  Its so hard to lose them.  I love you Vanessa, and always will.  xo



REMEMBER TO CLICK ON PICS TO SEE UP CLOSE!

So speaking of Saturday morning, I had no time to grieve, because as we were at the Fourth Street and Bay Street house, at 5 am., this pit bull puppy dog came running up to us (Saturday Sheryl) with its tail wagging, and if she could talk, she would be saying 'hi guys!  whatcha doin?  lets play!'  Just the cutest, sweetest little thing.  I panicked, didn't know what to do with this puppy, which by the nipples, you could tell she was in the breeding business.  I called 911 and they sent animal control over to my house after they opened at 9.  I posted on Facebook, and wrote a local dog rescue, but to no avail.  I told the officer that if I had a place for that dog, I would not have called them. Its breeder owner doesn't deserve to get her back. 



Astrid and Wilma are still waiting for their forever homes!!!!!



Friday morning I pulled up to Fourth Street to place food and water for a few cats, named a black poly dactyl cat that is very friendly and sweet, but realized the street was blocked off.  Apparently there had been a murder the night before and the street was still heavily guarded by police cars.  I made a mental note to go back later and place food down, which I did.  Most crimes in these neighborhoods happen at night.  In all the years doing this in the wee hours of the morning, I've never really had a problem.

I feed under that tree
I went to visit Goldilocks and her kittens at Kristin's this weekend.  They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!  But we can't seem to get pictures of them. I am going to ask my photographer friend, who just did Fluffy's kittens, to do Goldi's kittens.  We need to show them!

Stevie, the cat I rescued just last week, went to his NEW HOME yesterday!  What a GREAT home it is!  Thanks to his Foster Mom Gaye, he wouldn't have been able to be saved.  Fostering saves lives!!!


Finally, this little grey tabby guy is hopefully going to be the next save.  He is a very mellow, timid of the other cats, little guy on Melville Street.  I am constantly watching these cats scratching themselves to death each morning, so I brought some donated flea stuff and placed it on him.  He was so good letting me squirt it on the back of his neck. 



Niagara Street continues to be a problem.  The property manager is trashing my shelters and boards I had hidden in the very dark corner of this blocked off drive behind the building.  So cruel.  Have some compassion for these seven cats that LIVE here - and long before YOU came along.

1 comment:

  1. Very sorry about Vanessa !
    She was so beautiful. I remember seeing her on the porch when I was dropping off boards or picking up auction items from past fundraisers.
    Thank you for giving her such a wonderful home and taking such good care of her.
    :(

    ReplyDelete