Monday, August 26, 2019

Happy Monday!

This morning I set a trap on Third Street – there is a cat with a very large red tumor on the side of its face.  Saturday Sheryl spotted it Saturday morning.  Kitty was there with his faithful pal Spot, a white cat with black spots, each rubbing against the other – but he would not go in the trap.  I do believe I’ve had both these cats neutered/spayed years ago.  They were part of the colony behind Paul’s house, one street over, many years ago, and when I packed up that colony due to rats, they moved over to the colony on Third Street.  They actually found their way after many early morning kissing noises to get them to find the trail over.  I will set another trap tomorrow.  I hate to see these animals out there suffering.  The last cat I rescued sick there was Chance.  Now Tobin.  And that is one lucky cat.  He is now living his days in luxury in his new home.  Thank God for people like Jennifer and her husband that will adopt an older cat, and with issues to boot.  He had many gross worms, and was severely malnourished. 




Another incident on Saturday was on Niagara Street.  There was a small yellow Jeep Hummer driving slowly past when we were feeding the six or seven cats there on the side of the building.  These are the cats that have been here for YEARS.  They have been displaced so many times from the property owner of this VACANT building.  And I used to feed them across the street inside the apartment complex.  Had shelters there but they were trashed all the time.  We figured the cats were staying alive only because they could scale the small crevice between two buildings and get inside the laundromat and get heat.  Not INSIDE the laundromat, but somewhere up there…  Plus the food I would leave on the ground on a towel.  I then spent many mornings calling them across the street to that vacant lot and set up shelters, only to have them destroyed many times over. This is also where the large man that lived in the apartment complex had an issue with me feeding them, which is why we wound up moving their food across the street.  Too many police calls (by me) because this man became very abusive toward me.  Now, I have a new jerk to deal with.  I was in the car, and we wound up across from each other and I called out ‘can I help you.’ And he said you can stop feeding these cats, they are a nuisance, my mother lives near and they make a lot of noise.’  He said ‘I’ve talked to the police and they said to get your license plate’ and I said go ahead, I will sit here while you get it.. and I told him that these cats have lived here for seven or so years now and that I wasn’t going to stop doing what I do just because of him.  I drove off after he stopped listening to me, and he had the license plate number – he didn’t have paper so he was trying to memorized it…  I drove around the block, came back, he was still there, so I pulled up in front of him and yelled out, now I am going to get YOUR license plate number.  He drove off, and I discovered that he had thrown the food out and threw the board that covered it.  I replaced all,  continued on my rounds, kept checking back to see if he had come back, and today, Monday, he still had not come around to throw out the food or trash anything.  Who does he think he is, heartless bastard.  He’s going to have a long fight on his hands – I will never stop feeding these hungry cats because of jerks like him!  They are all spayed and neutered and just trying to survive their last days on earth.  They have nothing but the food I leave them each morning.  I have not set up winter camp for them yet as the shelters will be destroyed, AGAIN.

Another incident that morning was the shelters on Melville #2.  Someone is up to their old shenanigans and destroying shelters.  We replaced and built as best as we could, for now, but if they do it again, I will whip out my old report number and call 911 again, and ask for Officer Corrado (Corridi?)!  He is the one that went to the family house that we know was doing it, spoke to the mother of these juvenile delinquents, and they haven’t done it since.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH, TRYING TO HELP WITH THE CITY’S PROBLEMS!!!!! 

Good news?  Halona was delivered to her new home Saturday morning.  And what a great home!  I am so happy – they are really good people, and live in an awesome corner of our world.  Country.  I am a country girl at heart.  So peaceful, quiet, with wide open land.  Halona, how HAVA, joins two other adult cats, and a baby cat that was dropped off, with a bot fly.  Can you imagine?  And what a sweet little thing.  New Mom is working on New Dad to keep the new kitten.  J




ARCHIE Was delivered to his new home right after!!!  He has wonderful new mom and dad, and a very big big brother!  



And the BEST NEWS?  Astrid and Wilma are going to be adopted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have never been happier!  They are SO SICK of living on my porch.  Just WAIT when they get to explore a new WHOLE house together!  This woman from heaven I think saw them and said I WANT THEM BOTH!  Actually, she wrote:  “I am looking to adopt siblings to keep the kittens together for life and avoid separating litter mates.  I enjoy different personalities in cats but want ones that are or can become people-friendly/cuddly.  I am willing to work with kittens who may be shy, timid, scared and need time to trust and acclimate to their new home and owner.  My cat of 17.5 years passed in June and she was quite skittish and withdrawn when first adopted but was a wonderful family cat for all those years after.  I am interested in adopting these two immediately, or as soon as they are available."  I am SO thrilled.  I had someone come to see Astrid and Wilma twice – knowing she only wanted one, and boy and I glad that didn’t work out – it wouldn’t have because after re-reading her application she put down that she would not agree to a home visit.  So that put the kibosh on that!  What is she hiding?  These animals are like my ‘children’ and I won’t have them go to anyone’s house that might be questionable or could be in danger.



All in all, a crazy weekend.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment