Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Over My Head

Fleetwood Mac.  Anybody remember that tune?  Over my head... but it sure feels nice...  

Well, I am not sure I can go quite that far as to say it feels nice.

If anyone knew of my day yesterday, I think  you would be astounded.  I feel bad for my adopters who adopted Buffy's babies.  They dropped them off the evening before their surgeries, which is today, and I didn't see them.  And that is because I worked overtime at work, raced home, did a GAZILLION things when I got home, made dinner, and then went to bed.  How boring and sad is that.  I was not able to greet them with a smile, reassure them that their babies would be all right...  All six of Buffy’s babies are being spayed and neutered today!  It was one of the longest days I've had in a while.  I can't even mention the other half of what happened yesterday, but you will find out.  

I did, however, rescue the kitten - I've named her Patches because of the beautiful patches of different color on her little body.  And after pulling her out of the top shelf of my closet that she frantically climbed to when I got home, I sat with her and held her while she shook, long enough to start to hear her purr.  Its amazing how this little one was born outside, ran around all these weeks that she has been alive, and purred in my hands the very first day of captivity.

PATCHES!

I set three kitten traps on Garson this morning hoping to get some of Patches siblings, but no luck.  I will keep trying, and won’t stop.  These are very young kittens, I would say 6 to 7 weeks old.  We have to get them now before they turn completely feral!


And the black cat I trapped yesterday?  Microchipped and already spayed.  And most likely dumped in the city because after the owner was contacted, having adopted the cat from Lollypop, she stated she didn’t want the cat back, and she lives on the other side of the county pretty much.  So off the kitty will go, back to Lollypop.  Poor thing.  I pray to God there is karma in this world, for people that mistreat animals.

Have a nice day.




1 comment:

  1. I hardly know what to say to encourage you - it seems words are not enough to say how amazing what you do everyday really is. You are one in a million.

    ReplyDelete