Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Evil Lurks in Every Corner

Melville Kitty waiting to be rescued

So I received a phone call from some loud mouthed, ignorant blowhard yelling at me to stop feeding cats on a property on Melville Street.  The day before he put up a wall blocking entrance to under the house where the shelters were.  He placed the shelters by the side of the road, and said he could have destroyed them but didn’t.  He said you shouldn’t  have placed them back against the wall there, and if I showed up tomorrow he would call the police.  He said I was feeding raccoons and that it was dangerous for the kids in the neighborhood.  And said you obviously don’t care about the kids over the cats.  He said you are not trapping cats (I don’t know how he even knew about trapping a cat – he obviously thought maybe I was trapping them to REMOVE them, not get them spayed and neutered).   I couldn’t get a word in edgewise. 

So, another ‘spot’ gone for the cats.  People like this man are SO ignorant, and unkind.  I’ve been feeding two grey cats there, a tabby, and a red and white cat – those are the ones I can see each morning.  Who knows how many ferals come there after I leave.  I am just tired of people that are like this.  They yell at you and cannot reason with you.  He mentioned something about living in the country and he knows what trapping is.  He probably beats his wife, and traps animals to torture them. 

Sorry, I try not to speak ill against people, not everyone has the same views as I do toward animals, but hopefully those kind of people don’t bother to read my blog, and those that do understand where I am coming from.  There are all kinds of evil, and judgment day will not be pretty for them.

So that leaves the cats without the home/feeding spot they have known for years.  There is no other vacant property on this end of Melville.  I will pick up the little huts there, and place food on the grass next to the tree, which this man does not own.  This ‘man’ by the way does not own the property, period.  He is the property manager.  No one lives there.  The owner lives in California.  The property has been vacant for at least five years now, since the guy that lived there moved out and left four cats.  The neighbor next door can confirm that.  And I’ve rescued most of those, and more, from this street.  And TNR’d many from this exact spot.  I have a lot of animosity for this man, and for people that have this kind of mentality, but I have to let it go, and figure out how to feed them tomorrow.

Wish me luck.



In the meantime, Connor is doing well, but I will be scheduling a biopsy surgery for him after his last checkup it was discovered a large mass inside his ear.  His foster mom started a GoFundMe drive and raised $400+ -  the bill is close to $700.  This obviously helps immensely and I thank her for her kindness.  I don’t know what I will do if it’s a cancerous tumor.  This sweet boy has cost over $900 as of right now, not including the surgery at the end of this month.  These animals…  we do this because we love them I guess, right? 

Have a nice day.


"Monsters aren't real, but humans are."

1 comment:

  1. Many humans are monsters. They need a good stake through the heart ...

    ReplyDelete