Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday Blues...

Click on pics to see up close!  




I took these photos above to show you the filth in the city.  At least I make it my responsibility, if I am going to feed cats on city lots, to do my part to care for them.   Myself, and my friends have spent countless hours cleaning up lots.  As a matter of fact, we have cleaned up OTHERS property too!  Yes, that includes YOU you jerk on Niagara!  And yes, you too you jerk on Melville.  And don’t think for an instant that you won, with your nasty notes, your nasty phone call - throwing out my shelters, the cats only homes.  I will never abandon those cats.  You might as well set up shop there to stop me.

JUST ONE OF THE CATS THAT NEEDS RESCUE
(very sweet little girl on Central)

On another note, there are so many sweet cats out there that need rescuing.  I received a call on Friday from the man that owns property next door to the city lot that allows me to feed on its property on Garson. He said he had an injured cat in his van, the door was left open.  He said its eyes looked bad.  He asked me to check it out.  He also stated he saw kittens.  Groan.  So, on Friday, I sent Kings out to check it out, but no sign of the cat, but a kitten was spotted, but it looked to be several months old.  Wild.  Groan.  I am setting a trap there tomorrow and am going to hope for a cat, and hope for a spot at a clinic.  

I have nothing booked, unfortunately.  The clinic has cut back on its spay and neutered.  We need more clinics, that is for sure.

At Second and Central, where I rescued Stripy and Swirly, now Daisy and Donald, there is a tuxedo cat with a paw so swollen its hard to look at.  It’s a front paw, so he is getting around on one foot in front.  I am going to set a trap there as well.  I doubt he will hobble into it if he is only able to use one front paw.  But I’m going to try.  Its so sad.  He must be in severe pain.  I wish I had someone with time and a drop trap to sit there and wait for him. 

Connor is scheduled for surgery to remove the mass in his ear.  Lets pray his boy has some good years left.  He’s been through hell and back but I am SO THANKFUL for his foster mom Joanne for making his life GREAT.  He’s never had it so good, I can assure you.  Life on the street for these cats is HELL.

Due to Buffy’s heart issues, her spay will be postponed until we can get a good look at her heart to see if it is still as enlarged as it was when she was brought to the emergency vet two days after giving birth to the litter of 6.  The vet felt it too risky as they are just a clinic with no life-saving equipment if she were to have complications while under anesthesia.  So we are looking around for an affordable alternative.  She continues to be alone in a room and I am sad for her.  Parsley and Hermie are just above her, and are both waiting for their forever homes.  I am extremely grateful for Carol who, sight unseen, took them in to care for them for as long as she is able to.  They have it pretty good I would say.  They were both returned to me after the man that adopted them couldn’t care for them any longer. 

SAFFY!
I really need to get Jules a home.  He is getting beat up by my own cats.  I feel terrible for him.  He is very fearful in my house, and I don’t know what I can do to stop the bullies.  I am so mad at them.

Saffy is the only kitten left that has not been adopted.  Dixie, Lolly and Pop have pending adoptions.  I must find this sweet little grey girl a good home. 

It was a quite weekend on the streets.  No drama.  I have not heard back from the city, but I did hear from The Community Place that has property on Niagara.  A nice man, said he would be willing to discuss further me placing the shelters back on their vacant lots IF the city does not fine them.  He is also waiting to hear back from the City on this.  Wish me luck for trapping!

I have posted a note that this sweet cat with a bell collar is lost
and has been hanging around my shelter on Central
.


Have a nice day.  





1 comment:

  1. Hey J !
    Maybe all your current readers have already found as many potential adopters as they can ?
    Can Kitten Korner help with Saffy ?

    ReplyDelete