Monday, June 18, 2018

TNR Monday!

There is so much to tell.  First off, we will start with today and go backwards.

Today I had the chance to trap four cats for TNR (trap neuter return).  So I set four humane traps at various locations with nice smelly mackeral and then went about doing my feedings at the remainder of the locations.  The locations to set the traps are chosen when you think there are unspayed females or unneutered males.  And Garson not only has both, but kittens now as well.  And Webster/Ferndale there are newbies so I know they are still 'potent',  And I've been trying to get poor injured tuxie on Central and Second for a month now, to no avail.  Poor thing suffers every day, its paw throbbing I am sure.

Thank you to Joel who drove all the way from Rush, NY at 3am. to come help me out.  Joel manned the Second/Central location while Kings manned Webster/Ferndale.  I still wind up running my tail off to feed at every location, and check on the traps.  I had two set at Garson.

BE SURE TO CLICK ON PICS!  You can see close up! 

Here is what we got at Garson.  She is just a baby.



And here is what we got at Ferndale Crescent. This little one has been crying when I arrive, hungry.  He even gets close to me to get the food as I am pouring it into the plate on the porch of this vacant house.  So I lost two spots at the clinic, but I just have so much time to do this, feed, and get to work on time.



Now, the other pressing matter.  Last weekend, on Sunday I believe, I called 911 about a German Shepard that was tied to a house on Short Street and the officer called me later and said they would get animal control to come pick it up.  A friendly pup, but no food or water was there with it.  I left it food and water, until someone responded.



On Saturday, I heard the dog again, looked over, there it was in the back of a lot tied up.  I got closer and saw that it was the same dog, tail wagging, with no food or water.  I called 911.  On Sunday, same thing.  This time I was mad.  I asked for the officer to call me.  He did, and explained that it was a matter of animal neglect, and that he would file a complaint with humane society.  He said that RAS (Rochester Animal Services) would not take the dog.  Which I was told happened last weekend!  So, I will be calling today to RE REPORT it, to make sure it was reported, because puppy was there again today.  NO FOOD OR WATER!  Its a friendly dog too.  But the nails are razor sharp, he is obviously neglected.  Dirty - filthy dirty.  He is laying in the mud.  He does have an Igloo house though.  But his leash is caught on the trailer hitch there, so he can't move  ore than a foot.  I am disgusted this has gone on long enough.

I am wondering if I should offer these people money to take it.

This is the highlight of my weekend (or low light).

Saffy met a family on Saturday and they fell in love with her!  Yay!  All of Buffy's babies will be going in tomorrow for spay/neuter.they are all with their new families except for Saffy, who will join her new family next weekend!

And the four kittens rescued last week, well here they are!   And ready for adoption!  (but first have to get them appointments for spay and neuter.)!  Thank you Sue for fostering!









Have a great day!

"Do not judge.
You don't know
what storm
I've asked her 
to walk through."
~ God


2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Nicki i traped my first cat and my local shelter will not take her i have taken in about 20 kittens and have been feeding them for 2 years i cant get her out of the trap without getting hurt and i dont want her to die please help (585)635-6000

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome !
    Sorry that location did not catch anything.
    There where quite a few "characters" walking from central down along second. I think they scared the cats.
    A guy, a girl, and a girl being followed by a guy all strolled down second while I was parked and watching.
    Please let us know if the dog gets taken in out of the heat !
    Its horrible hot out today !

    ReplyDelete