Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Taliban

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get up just after 3 am. and leave the house at 4:15 to go out and feed over 50 cats, and try to make sure that they are as cared for as I can.  I build them little shelters, put food and water down for them, and try to get each one spayed and neutered.  Then along comes someone who sneaks over after I leave and takes the bowls of food away.  I will catch you buddy.  On Ferndale and Webster, there are at least five cats that I can see in the dark waiting for that precious food.  I put two inside a board, under cover from the weather, and two paper bowls outside.  When I arrive the next morning, sure enough, the paper bowls are gone, and the plastic bowls under cover are disarranged and empty.  This morning I decided to do a little test.  I drove back to the spot, an hour later, and the paper bowl I had left was gone.  I left another one.  The other plastic ones were still inside under cover of the board.  Tomorrow, I will do it again, but this time I will turn around and out of sight, I will watch who is doing that and confront them.  This really pisses me off.  Tell me to leave, I will find some alternative, but don't take away an animals only sustenance they have to stay alive.

UPDATE from above: (I have found the perpetrator this morning - CRAZY MARILEE!! (read my posts from years ago - you can do a search for her name in the search bar above).  She said I was from the Taliban. It was a bad shouting match when I caught her doing this - I will have more on this for you tomorrow.  I gotta get to work!)

What an INSANE weekend.  I never asked for this, I swear.

Thursday started out with me picking up Barney from his new home because I was going to bring him in the next day, Friday, to the walk in clinic where he was neutered from to get a urinalysis done on him.  He spent the night in my bathroom.  On Friday, when I got to the clinic, thinking it was going to open in half hour so I would be one of the first people in line, turns out they opened an hour earlier.  The message was wrong on their recording as to the hours.  It would be a two hour wait.  Hang on, this is my day off, its too nice out, its 2:30 now, and I won't be seen for at least two hours?  OK, so when is your next walk in day?  Tomorrow, Saturday?  OK, so back home, back in the bathroom for Barney overnight, and back to the clinic the next day at 11:30.  Well, turned out that at 1 pm., I still hadn't been seen even though I was one of the first people there.  Finally, they took him back and told me they couldn't get a specimen seeing that he had already done ALL his business in the carrier in the waiting room, which emptied out the place because of the odor.  They would keep him and call me in a couple of hours.  By 4 pm., I went up there to see what was going on, and he was ready, but the test wasn't, so I drove him back to his home, and got the results from the doctor on voicemail late that evening.  Sure enough, UTI.  They had sent me home with meds anyway, Baytril, so he would get started on that and hopefully all will be well for Barney soon~!

Frisco Before - Sunday
Sunday morning, as I was doing my route, on Webster and Ferndale, up walks this 2nd little red kitty, foaming at the mouth, and looking pretty torn up on his face.  I didn't think twice, this was a sick cat.  I scooped him up and placed him in the carrier I keep in the car.  Brought him home, on a Sunday of a holiday weekend, and thought Good God, will I need to go to the emergency clinic, where its $100 just to walk in?  I will keep him in bathroom and monitor him.  I wiped his little mouth clean, and gave him some good wet food.  I watched him eat and he was rolling his head around, shaking it, obviously having a hard time swallowing.  He then just layed on my lap and purred.  I kept him in there for a few hours until my friend Diane could come over to determine if he really did need to be seen.  When she arrived, she opened his mouth and looked in and saw this!

Animal Bone stuck to roof of mouth

Off to the Emergency Hospital we go!   Look at what they found!  It was some kind of animal bone stuck tot the roof of his mouth. He could not eat or swallow.  This poor animal would have starved to death had he not walked up to me.  Good God.  So many situations out there.  I thank God I was in the right place at the right time.  $145.  Now Frisco is set to go to clinic for snip snip today. He is full of fleas, but has a sweet personality. He has been through a lot and now needs to find a good home.  Please consider him.  I am up to my arms with rescued cats right now.

FRISCO! Today~

No comments:

Post a Comment