Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Happy Days....

Happy Days because I'm on 'vacation' for the next five days.  :)  I sure do need these breaks from work - so stressful, not only mentally, but physically.  My eyes are so strained staring at the computer.  This is why I am not on the computer at home much, nor do I have a smart phone, nor do I like to text.  Not only that, but last fall, I was sitting on my porch having a cocktail or two, went in the house, closed the door on my finger, and it is NOW slowly shedding the nail off.  But I am so grossed out about it I have it bandaged up nearly 24 hours a day.  It my middle finger on my right hand, so when I type, I make a gazillion mistakes.   I've lived with this for months now!!!  Hurry up nail, move along!  I will also be getting my yard ready for the summer.  The front looks great so far, but the back will take a bit of time.  I love to sit and admire my work once its all done.  Vegetables, flowers - I must say, even though I could be living in a larger house somewhere else if i didn't do what I've done for the past 15 years of pouring my money into animals, I still love my little house, and am thankful I am able to do little things for it on the little salary I make.


Nilsson

So here is the news from yesterday's TNR:  Nilsson, the poor baby that sat around for days at Diane's house after she helped me trap last weekend was already neutered, but not eartipped.  How could you know?  Nicky was neutered.  Both spent the night on my porch, very unhappy, but at least Nilsson ate, that I know of.  He is also a very beautiful cat too.  Wish he wasn't so frightened.  He would make someone a beautiful companion.

Wubby this morning

And then there is little Wubby.  Wubby was brought in to County Line for spay. Wubby is 7 months old. Wubby WAS pregnant.  Can you imagine?  She is just a little girl!  You would never have known it looking at her.  The vet said her babies were the size of peanuts.  Poor little thing.  She was happy as a clam in its shell to be back home with me and her feline sisters and brothers.  I say that but remember, she has GOT to find a home.  Please spread the word about her, Elvis and Jelly.  

There are so many sweet cats on the street of Rochester still.  Please consider foster or adoption of one of them.  I will get more pictures - there are so many beauties... Lets clean up the streets of them so that the raccoons and other critters can do their thing.  I am tired of chasing them away from the cat food!  




Please be sure to mark your calendars for July 18th, the 2nd Annual Meow and Chow fundraiser my friends are putting on for me.  It was a blast last year, and we will have even more this year!

Have a nice day!


"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man."

2 comments:

  1. Janine,

    With a very heavy heart I unfortunately want to apprise you and all our fellow Cat lovers of the passing of Kathy Rivera. Kathy, for those of you who never had the honor of meeting her was a life long advocate of TNR. Kathy served on the Board of Directors for Habitat for Cats during Karon's tenure as the President. Karon and I had the privilege of spending many hours with Kathy trapping and raising funds for the many homeless and Feral Cats throughout the Greater Rochester area. Kathy was the kindest and most compassionate person I had ever met. She lost her long and courageous battle to Cancer on Monday 05-18-15. I am very concerned what will happen to the many cats she took in and was caring for at her residence. I am heartbroken that such a great person was taken from us so very soon. I implore those of you who can afford it, to pease make a donation to the Bay Street Clinic under Janines name in honor of Kathy Rivera so her dream of spaying and neutering homeless and Feral Cats lives on. Rest in Peace my Dear Kathy. I love you and I know you are in Heaven with all the kitties you saved over the many years. We will all miss you and thank you for all your tireless work. Your mission will continue!!!!!.


    Walt Simoni











    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kathy, may she rest in peace, a kind, patient, non judgmental lady.

    ReplyDelete