Monday, August 18, 2014

What a Weekend!

Boy, these three day weekends sure are nice, but can I pack em in.  In all honesty, I had about two hours on Friday where I had absolutely nothing to do, I didn't have to be anywhere, and I found those two hours reading on my porch.  How lovely that was.  I feel guilty though because I am still in the middle of writing thank you notes to so many wonderful people who made donations in one form or another for my fundraiser three weeks ago!  But I took a break, and read.   Even though the subject matter of what i was reading was about a serial killer in California back in the 80s, I still found it peaceful and relaxing, like never before.  I am into ghoulish stuff, maybe thats why I don't find it too frightening to go out in the dark like I do, each and every day, before the sun rises over Rochester.

To start with, the gazillions of cats and kittens at this man's house near Robert's Wesleyan College, who has been feeding, and allowing to populate on his property, the cats left from the students who go to school there (shame on you administrators of the school), six kittens were taken by one friend, and two by another, and will be fostered by them until we can find them homes.  One of the six bunch, is not doing so well.  All six will be transported to my vet, Laurelton, to be dropped off, and seen sometime this morning by Dr. Boehm before or after his surgeries for the day.  I am grateful to them for allowing me to bring all six babies in.  I will figure out the financial part of what will probably be an enormous bill, when I have to.  The other two are in hiding, and need socialization - but are the CUTEST little itty bitty kitties around.  I have not seen the bunch of six, but we will get their pictures.  In the meantime, here are the two that I transported out to my friend Donna's Friday morning:  I hope to get better pictures from Donna soon, these didn't turn out so well.




In other good news, a friend Julie has taken Sweet Pea - also on Friday - to reunite with her baby Luna, the little black feral kitten I rescued several weeks ago from Second, but the reunite has not gone as planned.  It funny how cats can forget about each other, even though they gave birth to it, or its their parent.  These two have been apart for a few weeks now - but I do know they will eventually like each other, and with everything, it will take time, and patience.

Sweetie
Sweetie, the other kitty from Short Street who I had spayed last week, who was very early pregnancy, has been shoveled around in my house, from room to room, just to give her a bit of variety, before she gets adopted today!  A sweet girl named Maria, my pasta queen, came over on Friday with her adorable two children, and fell in love with her.  They will be picking her up after work, and I will miss that little petite probably not even a year old muted Calico.  She is a sweetheart.  She growls at my other cats, and will have to get used to, and defend herself with her new canine brother, but that will all come with time and patience too.

George and Vanessa!~  My Kids...
So, thats it in a nutshell, but stay tuned for tomorrow when I tell you about my adventures on the street this weekend, and what the status is of my shelters, and the cats out there.  Too much to write for today's post!

Thanks for reading, and have a GREAT day!

Let me always,
count my blessings.

To be thankful for my family and friends.
To be thankful for the simple things that life has to offer.

To be thankful for the abilities I have.
To be thankful that I am able to work.

To be thankful for people in my life.
To be thankful for the laughter of small children.

To be thankful for the beauty of nature.
To be thankful for what I have.

By counting God's blessings rather than
my troubles, life is more rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment