Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Stuff in my Head Today...


Well, Laura is at it again!  She is helping me this morning after I requested her help yesterday in trying to get two hard to get kitties.  One is the little black kitten on Short Street, and the other is a beautiful grey male (mixed with tabby stripes) on Baldwin who is the bully of the block.  All of the cats, that I know of, on Short, are fixed, so it takes a special trap to get just one out of the bunch that will come sniffing around the trap.  Laura has a drop trap and she can more easily get the cat she wants in there.  Same with Baldwin, all are fixed, that I know of.  Remember, after I leave, many more may be coming around, which is apparently the case with Hayward.  She offered to trap there yesterday, and got "Male dmh brown tabby, female juvenile dsh tudexo."  She is amazing.  So that is another two on my route that will not be producing babies.  I will be calling in my donation to to the clinic for Habitat for Cats, her group, for helping with these two.  Today's kitties, I am still keeping my fingers crossed, have not heard from her yet.

I know you might be sick of hearing this, but I am still in awe of all the people that I have met through this crazy journey of mine.  Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, to teach you a lesson, or to help you figure out who you are and/or who you want to become. You never know who these people may be but when you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way.  Sometimes things will happen that seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you find that without overcoming these obstacles that you would have never realized your true potential, strength, will power, or heart.

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity (a lot for me!) all happen to test the limits of our soul. Without challenges, whatever they may be, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere.  It would be safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless. The people that you meet who affect your life, and the success and downfalls you experience, help to create who you are and who you'll become.  Even the bad experiences we learn from.

Someone recently told me, when I was down, to make every day count. Appreciate every moment and take from those moments everything you possibly can because you may never be able to experience it again. Talk to people that you have never talked to before and actually listen... Create your own life and then go out and live it with absolutely NO REGRETS. And for me, I know I say I love you to a lot of people, but I DO!  If you love someone tell him or her, for you NEVER know what tomorrow may have in store. And learn a lesson in life each day you live.


"Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday....
Was it worth it?"

1 comment:

  1. Right now I would take "safe and comfortable"! =)

    ReplyDelete