Monday, February 25, 2019

Tempestuous

Word of the day.  Its a tempestuous kind of day out there. 

Violently disturbed or agitated, as by storms:

Winds are whipping this morning.  Apparently the highest gust we had was 67 mph here in Rochester, with sustaining winds of 40-50 throughout the day, until 4 pm.  All I could think about were the shelters.  Even though Saturday Sheryl and buddy Kim spent THREE hours out there on Saturday securing all 20+ shelters, knowing the wind was coming, still some needed a bit of help this morning.  But Kings reported that most were intact.  Thank God.  Its hard for these outdoor cats to endure these extreme storms.  Either it’s the wind, a thunderstorm, a blizzard, or snow over three inches, its scary for these little four legged creatures.  Thank God for shelters. That’s all I can say.  Shelters are what keep some of these animals alive.  For the most part, shelters are what keep these animals somewhat comfortable.  It allows them to sleep without fear.  It allows them to sleep in a warm and soft environment.  That is until I am able to rescue them! 

One of those recently rescued from the street has been adopted.  This cat was running to me in the pouring rain and snowstorms at 4 am. on Melville Street nearly every morning.  Danny finally went to his new home on Friday.  Thanks to his foster mom Laurie, Danny was hanging with her three cats, and his new home has two others, so he easily fit in.  His family reports:  “He is doing so well!~  He slept with us last night and purred his face off!  He is loving Oreo and acclimating to his surroundings!”




And now for another update - if you were recall, the near dead, emaciated cat that Saturday Sheryl and I rescued one miserable freezing cold morning in the early winter months - where Sheryl took home and nursed back to health.  Well Chance was adopted into another awesome family, and here is a recent update:


Chance/Tobin Update!  (click on pic to see up close!)

Look at me! Look what I did for the very first time today!

"I hope you are feeling better Janine – I just learned what happened to you. I thought you could use something to cheer you up, so here is a picture of Tobin. Just yesterday he came out into the living room on his own and laid on the ottoman with me (that was brand new for him). This morning I came down to give him his breakfast and he was laying on top of my chair and here he is with Cookie in the chair with him! I didn’t think he would let her sit with him, I would have thought he still would have run away! He was snoozing so he may have forgotten he was supposed to be afraid. I am SO HAPPY! I feel like he is starting to come around!!        Jen"

My heart swells hearing these great stories!  Keep em coming!

Have a great day!

I am strong because
I’ve been weak

I am fearless
Because I’ve
Been afraid

I am wise because

I’ve been foolish.



1 comment:

  1. What a great report this morning! So so happy for Danny and Chance. My heart swells too. :)

    ReplyDelete