Monday, February 4, 2019

Monday Blah!

Soaked Towels.  Mud.  That was my morning.  Living the dream. Yes I am.

But it was a good weekend.  I must say, my new foster is adapting very well for being a first time foster.  And what patience she has.  His urine smell is dissipating, but boy did that smell at first.  I had him BEFORE he went to get neutered, and even afterward, the pungent odor does not go away immediately, but she is adamant about changing the litter constantly, and when I went to visit on Sunday, you could barely notice it.  I continue to receive updates from my fosters, and this foster is doing the same.  Thank you Gaye, Carol, Melissa, Sue, Kimberly, and Kristin!  And look at the pics I received of Grey.  Gaye is quite the photographer, and is happy to help in the process of getting a cat adopted by taking special photos of them.   Pictures work!





On Saturday, Sheryl and Kim (my new Saturday ride along!) noticed a cat in a shelter on Parsells #2 that didn’t move when they pulled up the tarp to get in to the plates to fill up with dry food underneath it.  Sheryl told me when she got back in the truck (remember, I am lame with some of my spots because of the snow and my legs and hip can’t maneuver quite well, so I have to rely on others right now until I can get my hip fixed.  Anyway, she told me about the cat, and asked me to keep an eye on it.  Sunday, sure enough, I braved the ice covered ground and went to see for myself.  Kitty was in the back corner tote.  We didn’t know if she had given birth, or was lame, sick and injured.  Its not usual for a cat to sit around when its cornered like that.  So this morning, sure enough, it was there again, and I had my carrier with me. Plan was to slowly pull the shelter out and block the opening with a towel, and get kitty to the hospital.  Well, it didn’t work. Kitty bolted out.  At least I know it can move.  I will check on it again tomorrow.  I am sure there is something wrong, but I just don’t have enough manpower, or brainpower, to do this on my own.

Saturday morning was also interesting because we were close to our last stop, when we heard this wailing sound.  It was human, and it sounded like someone crying in pain.  Sure enough, we saw a person walking Central Park.  We hurried over to her after finishing up the spot we were at, and I rolled down my window to find out what was wrong.  The young girl was sobbing, and muttering, and saying she was cold.  I handed her some Kleenex, and told her to stop crying and tell me what was wrong.  I gave her a pair of my gloves, and asked her if she needed me to call the police, maybe they could help her.  She said no, but asked for a ride to Hudson.  So, with the two girls in back, we let this pathetic looking young girl – no more than 18 yrs. Old, into the front seat and drove her to the corner of Hudson and Clifford.  All the while, she was talking to herself, muttering, and we knew this was a mentally ill person.  There are so many around Rochester, wandering, lost.  I regularly see one who will stand in the middle of the road at times and just shout at vehicles driving by, which are forced to swerve to avoid her.  There is another that will shout at the top of her lungs and talk to herself animatedly.

Every time I encounter these women on the street it saddens me because there is nothing much I can do, and worse is fearing they could be sexually abused.  They should be given proper shelter and care rather than left wandering the streets.

On a brighter note, I received an update from Snuggles and Squirt.  Remember them?  They are doing great, and boy did they grow!


SNUGGLES and SQUIRT as babies



All Grown Up!




Have a great day!

"Do not dwell in the past, 
do not dream of the future, 
concentrate the mind on
 the present moment."





No comments:

Post a Comment