Thursday, February 21, 2019

Memories



Well, my day started at 3 am. when I got up to be with Kings and Jacqui in spirit. They were out there at 3:45 am, being the troopers they are, to continue the cycle I've began nearly 20 years ago to feed hungry and homeless cats.  Thank you so much. 

I get very sad not being out there, overlooking the shelters I've so carefully built, making sure they are secure, the tarps are secure, and accessible for the cats.  Do I have enough shelters for the number of cats that are at this or that location? We have a forecast of close to 70 mph winds on Sunday.  Will the tarps blow away, or are they secured by heavy rocks and bricks enough to keep them covering the totes and shelters I have underneath them.  The Styrofoam boxes I have out there – will the tops blow away.  We’ve had some pretty major windstorms, and I’ve even had some shingles blow away from my own roof due to the swindler I had install a new roof years ago.  I didn’t know he was a swindler, but he was.  But I also have an awesome neighbor, Chris, who came to my rescue and replaced the missing shingles recently.  I owe him a strawberry pie.

UPDATE:  Ellie! 

ELLIE as a Baby

I received a fantastic note from Ellie's adopter, Marcus.  Marcus says:

"Ellie is doing really well and is a great cat.  We could not imagine life without her as one of our family members.  She sleeps down in between my legs every night and wakes me up at 4:30 am. right before the alarm goes off.  Her built in clock tells her that its time to eat.  She is still really playful and knows how to keep her claws in when touching skin.  Its remarkable that she uses her paws in such a manner that she can scale my body in order to get on a shelf without her claws.  I will take pic of her when I get home, so you can see how much she has grown."


ELLIE Today

Have a great day!


“No one cares how much you know,

Until they know how much you care.”



No comments:

Post a Comment