Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Hardships

These days are trying for me.  I am entrusting people to go do my rounds.  I am missing all the kitties that I see each day.  From the PITA red cat on Garson, to the grey kitty on Parsells, to the grey polydactyl on Third, to the red and grey kitties on Pennsylvania, to the tabbies on Niagara, to the kitties on Second, to Ranger on Central, and last but not least, Mama cat at Syd and Johnny's.  I miss them all.  Are they being cared for.  Are the shelters in good shape, with four plates, or three plates, and is water being left.  They love their water.

Its out of my control.  At times I am sick over it.  Another less than five weeks of this misery.  And then if I can finally walk on my left foot, I will still be hobbling due to right hip.  I am in need of hip surgery but that won't be for months down the road. Its hard being in constant pain!

OK, enough of that!

I had a friend suggest something.   I was telling her I didn't know how to repay the kindness of each person that has helped chip in one way or another with the rounds in the morning.  She suggested a thank you party!  So sometime in the near future I will host a little party.  A party to include booze, food, and fun.  We can all meet each other!  How does that sound!

I am in awe of the amount of cat food that Foster Mom Carol raised (foster to Hermie, Parsley, Larry, and Jule).   Its such a relief!  Anyone doing the Route that needs food please let me know!

I just found out that Parsells #1 has had a family move in.  I have shelters under the bushes, so we are trying to figure out whats going to happen.  I know the owner/landlord will eventually place them by the curb.  I don't think the new family is going to be receptive to us feeding them either.   This has always been a trouble spot for me because there is no where else to go.  This is just down from Crazy Lisa's house.

On a brighter note:

Do you remember the Woodpile Kittens?  Olive and Woody were two of the black ones.  A fabulous family adopted them and sent some new pics!

THEN:

Olive

Woody
Laura says:

"The lady (Sue?) who socialized them did an incredible job... or they are just naturally the most loving and sweet little kitties. Olive is still a bit skittish when new people first arrive but she follows me everywhere.  I think  she thinks she is a dog."


Here they are today!  Click on pics to see up close!



The Woodpile Kittens!

"The task ahead of 
you is never greater
than the strength
within you."

2 comments: