Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Food Drive



Me Bad. I should have shared this on Friday.  Many thanks to Fabulous Foster Mom Carol a/k/a Florence Nightingale for coming up with this food drive.

As some of you know, or if you don't know, I'll tell you...   I distribute 40 pounds of food each morning.  I've been doing that for well over 10 years, but lets just use 10 as an example to calculate:

365 (days) x 10 (years) = 3,650 x 40 = 1,460,000 million pounds of dry cat food distributed over the past 10 years.

$9.00 (average price per 16 lb bag) ÷ 1,460,000 = $162,222.00

Wait --- did I do that right?  Any mathematicians out there?  :)

And that is dry cat food alone.  I also feed over a case of wet food every day.  We won't even begin to calculate that!  And lets not forget the TNR's done over the years.  Lets not forget the rescues!  122 last year!  It costs money for all that!  Not to mention the freebies I've done for people.

Wow, ASTOUNDING.  I could have done so much with that money.  Instead, I kept many animals alive with that money.  To be honest though, I wish I had never seen what I saw over 20 years ago.  All those illuminated cat eyes, glowing in the dark.  Knowing they were hungry.  And look at what I am responsible for now.

I think thats it for now.  I am too blown away by that figure.   I have a headache.  I must get off to work so that I can keep feeding these homeless precious souls!

Have a great day.

"A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love."



2 comments:

  1. I'm no mathematician but i think it's 146,000 lbs divided by 16 (number of pounds in a bag) = 9,125 bags x $9 = $82,125. Still a HUGE amount o money and you have been doing it or well over 10 years. And that's just the dry food! The wet food and vet bills - well, I can't even imagine!!! Go Food Drive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes KM is correct.
    You need to DIVIDE the total pounds of dry by 16 to get the number of 16 pound bags you have purchased over the years and then multiply that number by the cost of each bag to get the total amount you have spent for all those bags.
    9,125 bags X $9.00 for each bag = total cost of $82,125.

    ReplyDelete