Friday, February 15, 2019

Back in the Saddle Again

I’M BACK!!!!   With a broken ankle!  On Wednesday, the 6th of February, I was at the second location on Parsells, and wanted to check one of the shelters behind a house  that had a cat in it.  I did not know if it was injured, or had babies it was feeding.  We had an ice storm overnight, and everything was a sheet of ice when  ventured out at 3:45 am.  I was very careful walking to the back on the driveway but came to a divot in and my leg just slipped under me.  I walked back to the truck, asked Kings to finish that spot, and then drove myself to the emergency room.  I asked Kings to go right back out to where we left off and do all the spots.  He did, and three hours later was done.  It was really bad out.  He fell twice, but on his bum, thank God.



I broke my distal fibula, posterior malleolus, and have widening of ankle mortise.  What ever that means.  Had surgery on Friday.  Plates and screws.  I’ve never been incapacitated like this in my life, and hope to never be again, although the hip is next.  Down the road, in maybe three months.  The hardest part was knowing I could not personally go out and feed the cats at all 20+ locations that I do each and every day.  The shining light in all this is the friends I’ve made who have offered to help feed the cats on various days and times that are most convenient for them.  What a weight off his shoulders it is for Kings, who has been doing all of this alone for some time now, and the occasional help he had by others.    Kings still has to go to certain spots.   And has helped me immensely getting around.  And I am most grateful for everyone’s help.

Since I last wrote, we have adopted out Charlotte, Miley, Cyndy Loo, Grey and Coco!  They are in their forever homes with awesome families who will love them for life.  Just think, these creatures were gulping the food I was laying down in the median on Central Park just before we had the big storm a month or so ago.  And now they are warm and loved.  Sabrina is being adopted next weekend.

Who do we have left.  HOLLY!  LARRY!  ANNIE!  PARSLEY!  HERMIE! JULE!  Let’s get them adopted!

In the meantime, these guys kept me company, and drove me crazy.  These are my babies that never leave my side each night in bed.  My bed buddies. 

BAYLEE

BRADY

BUSTER


GEORGE

LEO

RUFUS

SCOOTER


Today I go back to work. Wish me luck.  


Have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. Wow !
    When you get your new hip you will be almost a bionic women !
    You will have to make that goofy na na na na na sound when you walk.
    LOL
    Welcome back !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I knew you were in hospital. Am so sorry. I pray for quick healing and pain to vanish.
    Miss you.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete