Friday, February 22, 2019

TGIF!

Up and at em 3:00 am. this morning!  Laura texted me at 3:40 to say she was headed out to feed the kitties.  I still am not sure whats happening out there, but Laura wrote me later saying that at several spots, the kitties run out to her as she pulls up to the curb to guide them to their shelter!  Laura states its icy out there this morning.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful.  And THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME in my time of need in the worst moment of my life!

Beth, who adopted Buster and Fritzi, two of the adorable kittens that Buffy had, went out to feed the kitties last weekend, and took a bunch of pictures of some of my locations I go to - where there are shelters that these cats call home, and I am sharing these with you now.

Please click on each to see a bit closer!



















The winds are going to be whipping on Sunday, so I am requesting my help to batten the hatches with bricks.  If anyone out there can supply some bricks, it would be much appreciated.  I can have picked up, if necessary.  70 mph winds are very strong and can easily pick up a Styrofoam shelter that is not secured.  And the tarps are also in need of some help.

So, speaking of my neighbor, Chris’ wife Tracy – her dad Andy came to me last fall with a problem.  There were many cats at his summer place on Sodus Bay.  I offered to lend him a trap.  I offered to get him a few spots at the clinic for one or two that he could trap.  Turns out, Andy took control and went out on his own to help these poor kitties that needed help in the Sodus area.  I cannot remember if I played a part in this or not!

For a retired dad, I say 'good on ya!' (that's Australian slang, I think).  

He wrote his daughter:

"Hello Tracy

Final Count as we left Rochester:

7 cats to homes
4 cats to Wayne County Humane Society
3 cats to Lisa & Andy's Home as indoor cats (making 5 indoor cats for them)
2 cats spayed/neutered

16 Cats Total (same total as notes below)

Andy said he and Lisa would call Lolly Pop Farm when they start their program again after 1/9/19 to sign up for their Spay/Neuter Program and catch the remaining non-Spay/Neutered Feral cats. They will catch and take them in until they are all fixed, at $40 each. They think there are 5 or 6 more to go. 


Love Dad"
Now that's a Dad you can be proud of!

Have a great day!

"Keep your head up.
God gives his hardest
battles to his strongest
soldiers."










No comments:

Post a Comment