Monday, February 18, 2019

Let It Go

Its been a tough journey, this leg/ankle thing. I’ve had to let go of most of my independence, having to depend on others.  My house is not tidy and organized the way I would like it, which drives me insane, and I can’t do a lot of things in my kitchen because of the scooter hurting my knee after a while.   But mainly it’s the cats out there that I miss.  Terribly.  When my left side started to bother me, and then realizing I would need hip surgery, I had to let go of trekking back to certain locations in the morning, relying on others driving with me, mostly Kings, to trek back and take care of those cats.  I could do the ones closer to the streets, or without steps.  The cats knew me, and waited for me.  I have not seen them in over two weeks now, and am depending on others to care for them, which is another guilt feeling I have, having others do my ‘dirty work.’  There is a grey cat I want to rescue but I can’t.  I want to be able to hold him and reassure him he is now safe and loved, from the street.

The first thing I do with rescues is put them in my bathroom and pet and hold them, reassure them.  But my scooter takes a while to maneuver into the bathroom, and kitty could escape, and there is no room for the carrier if this is the case also.  Another thing I have to let go until I am able I guess.

So in early February a year ago, a wonderful woman named Carol, offered to foster Parsley and Hermie in her shop that sells grills and accessories.   She had a great back room and there they went.


These two kitties were being returned due to their adopters hardship, and Carol offered to take them.  Its like she came down from heaven. I don’t even remember how she heard of me, or how she knew of my plight trying to find a temporary home for these two.  But she took them in and loved them.  Then came Buffy, barefoot and pregnant, rescued from Syd and Johnny’s, who a day or two after rescue delivered six bouncing baby kittens.  Tucker, Fritzi, Cashew, Buster, Poppy, and Saffy. Carol has since had many cats in and out of her shop, as I term her my “Florence Nightingale”.  She cares for them like her own.  In early February, she started a little fundraiser trying to get people to donate a bag of cat food, and she would match.  Well, I will let you hear about it from her:

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...............
On behalf of “Janine the Bean Rescue” I would like to thank each of you who donated to the “Share the Love” food drive! It’s been a fun two weeks watching the pile of bags grow and to talk with each of you who dropped off food. Some of you have never even met Janine but follow her Blog and definitely want to support her mission.
First off let me say – Who knew that Purina made so many different size bags of Kit & Kaboodle Dry Food? There is a 3lb bag, 11lb bag, 12.1lb bag, 16lb bag, 22lb bag, 24lb bag, 30lb bag &; a 35lb bag –and we have an assortment of all of them. When we started this we had no idea as to what the outcome would be. The drive started out strong and then kind of stalled a bit and then gained momentum everyday! We were about 12 days along and I thought I don’t want to jinx this by setting a goal but if we could even get to this one number wow wouldn’t that be wonderful! Well I’ll tell you we blew right past that! With all the bags of food around the store my customers are asking if I’m now going to be selling cat food…
.
So you all want to know how much we’ve collected????

Drum roll please – We have collected 1352 pounds of dry cat food! This should feed Janine’s community of cats for approx. 38 days!
Once some of these bags have been depleted, (we have 75 bags of food here), shopping will be done for Janine to make the match. That should make a big batch of Kitties happy for quite a while. What an amazing group of people with love to give! Thank you again to everyone that has donated! This is one of those stories that should warm everyone’s heart. So stand up, take a bow, pat yourselves on the back &; shout “We did good!” Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!~~~Carol (Mileage Master)

HOLY CANNOLI!


Nice job Carol.  I am truly blown away.  Really.  This is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, having to go to Walmart every week to purchase more food.  Carol should start a cat food selling business!

Here is an update on Charlotte, the kitty that I fed, along with Cyndy Lou, every morning on the median at Central Park near 4th Street.  Across from the Pentecostal church where the Deacon screamed at me one morning for feeding very starving cats on the property on the side of the church.  The Deacon that called the police on me.  I moved the bowls to the median and fed them there each day.  Rain and snow.  I would place a towel down so their little paws would not be cold while they stood there gobbling down the precious food.   Before the storm we had a month ago, I rescued them, knowing there would be no place I could put their food, too much snow.  Here is Charlotte, enjoying warmth, security, and love in her new home.  Before and After pics.  Be sure to click on pics to see up close!



Charlotte and Cyndy Lou




Charlotte in new home!


Have a great day!

"Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have."

No comments:

Post a Comment