Thursday, February 28, 2019

Kitty Litter Scoop of the Day!

We had a measurable amount of snow during the day and evening yesterday.  Off Kings and Joel went this morning, shovels, cat food, and water in hand.  I am so grateful to them and all the others that truck out into the city to help me feed these cats.  I just can't wait to get on with my life.  I am at such a standstill right now.
🐈

I received the following note from one of my helpers - thought I would share -  I hope you enjoy it.

The Kitty Litter Scoop of the Day…….

All is good.  Took me an hour and half, with my helper, started at 8am and finished at 9:30am.
Should go quicker tomorrow now that I have a good idea where all the spots are and what it entails.
Definitely easier with two persons, carrying water, wet food, and dry food back forth from each stop
One of the stations had footsteps and food already, wish I could remember which one, I will take note as maybe someone has adopted that stop and I can take it off my list. 
The water bowls were there, knocked out the ice and refilled them. 
I brought some paper plates, but there were enough dishes, a few were missing but I just over filled the ones that were available to compensate. 
Frisbies are a great idea and I think I might have some old Chinese food containers that I will bring along tomorrow.
Some of them get pushed too far back in the shelters to reach them, might have to bring a reacher/stick with me, or leave some longer sticks around to grab them. 
Kings must have done a towel refresh yesterday because the towels looked fairly fresh and dry
Saw one rat at Syds, lol.
Couldn’t find the dish on the red brick porch, so used a paper plates, but lots of bread there in case I missed breakfast, someone must leave that food for others that might be in need is my guess.
The RIP spray painted on the wall is a little nerve rattling, lol
Do you keep your car running or turn it off and lock it up between each stop, that is kind of a pain in the arse?  Don’t want someone jumping in the truck and running off with my new ride, lol.
Not one cat hissed at me, they all pretty much scatter once you arrive and make some noise to alert them we are entering their domain
Need caution tape on that one corner of the house, ## Ferndale, yeah, that can really do some damage if your head isn’t as hard as mine, lol
By the way, nice job on their shelters, definitely some thought put into the design, and cats were in their homes at most every stop, so they are using them.
Only one cat stuck around for some loving, on PA avenue, and started to eat before we even got it all out, gave her some extra wet food, lol
The red house next to the flag pole, with the tarp on the roof, someone upstairs had their window open and closed it once they heard us coming up
The last stop on 3rd and central, the one black cat’s tail did not look healthy, it ran off quick so maybe I didn’t get a clear view but it kind of looked mangie?sp
Overall, it went well
I have no idea how you could do this every day, particularly in the bad weather, it was cold out there today.
It must be a labor of love…
Those kitties are really lucky to have such a devoted keeper looking out for them.

Laurie M.

Thank you Laurie!  💓

Have a great day!

"It is futile to judge a kind deed by its motives. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind."



No comments:

Post a Comment