Tuesday, November 10, 2015

TNR Tuesday

I went to the location on my lunch hour today where my shelters were thrown to the ground from the porch on Sunday.   My intention was to leave a note on the door asking for mercy to not trash anything until I could figure out a new location, as I had been feeding there for years and the cats know this as their safe zone, where food awaits them, and shelter is there when the storms occur.  I had found out earlier from someone that there was in fact an auction of a ton of city houses, and this house was on the list, for $3500.  If only I had that extra cash, and had known about this, I would have bought it, for the cats.  So this must be what happened.  The new owner came by to inspect his property and found these shelters, dug into his inner self and discovered he had no compassion, and threw all the stuff to the ground.  We shall see if and when he comes back to this boarded up house, and what he thinks of my note.  Again, I just don't get people that can just come along, not even thinking that there is an established colony way before this person took possession, and to carelessly throw stuff to the ground as if to say, get out.  This person obviously has no compassion, or humanity.

Just before I got there to place the note, just across the street from the house, I saw something in the road. Yes, it was another dead cat.  I pulled in front of it so that no one else could hit the poor thing, went into my trunk, got a towel, looked hard to see if it was a cat that I had been feeding, didn't recognize,and then proceeded to wrap it and place it on the grass in the median.  It was terribly upsetting, of course, but I have become sort of numb to this.  Broad day light, busy street, do you think anyone else could have cared about this cat?  And in the midst of all this, there was a black woman, who was obviously deaf, and she kept yelling, and motioning her hands to the sky, to her heart, to the cat, all over the place, it was rather bizarre.  I still do not know what she was trying to say, but after I walked away from the wrapped up cat, I went back to it because I noticed the cat was not wrapped up anymore after this woman went over to it.  She seemed mentally ill to be honest.  In the meantime, there was a man standing in his yard watching this whole thing with his little girl, and I went over and introduced myself to him and told him what occurred and that I didn't understand what this woman was saying.  He said I think she is asking you to call 911 to ask them to come remove the animal.  So I did.  What an odd situation that was.  I looked around while I was there thinking about where I could move these shelters that the other cats depend on.  I still don't know.  What a bummer it was, this day.

Stevie


Buddy



Today though, was a brand new day.  Here are the two sweethearts that I got this morning. These kitties are pick-up-able.  I know that's not a word.  But they were easy to pick up and place in carriers.  Sweet Buddy from Baldwin, and Stevie from Short Street.  I placed two traps at Melville hoping to grab the last of the baby kittens, and a calico I've spotted there, but no go.  So I moved on to the easier ones.  I am praying someone might consider Buddy today before I have to let him back on the street tomorrow morning.  Bonus if they wanted Stevie too.  Both would make such wonderful companions.  Please spread the word.

The shelters were not touched since the day before, the note was still on the door at Third and Central.  The cat that was hit yesterday was still under the tree wrapped in a towel.  I called 911 for the second time and they said they would notify 311 again.

Violet is still not able to eat solid food, but seems to be doing well.  I have Patches back from his foster, since his last vet visit last week, and after having his second round of shots, he seemed much better, and is coming out on his own from open bedroom.  He doesn't mind my cats, and they don't mind him. He has, however, started to drool again, which means the ulcer on his tongue is not healing with the meds he's been given.  I am very worried about him.  His coat seems oily also.  Not sure what is going on there.  These two cats have cost me a fortune.

Please spread the word about these kitties.  We need fosters, and we need adopters.  Thanks for reading, have a good day.

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen.”

3 comments:

  1. I love today's quote. The woman you saw was motioning to the cat, her heart and the sky? Don't you think she was asking God to take him to heaven? I do. She may be mentally ill, but to me, her gestures are easily recognizable - and show a person who has compassion, even if they show it in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree think she was sad kitty died,..she was trying to tell you he is in heaven now... I really believe this is what she was doing... it has to be hard...you have to be kind to folks so they dont' poison the cats...tight rope walking...for the kitties benefit...you continue to amaze me Janine..sueann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that Buddy and Stevie get homes! They are beautiful cats.

    ReplyDelete