Tuesday, June 16, 2015

TNR Tuesday



Welp.  I didn't do too bad golfing yesterday, and didn't need to yell "fore' at any time.  For not picking up the golf clubs in two years, I hit some pretty impressive shots.  But totally all over the place most of the time.  If I played regularly, I wouldn't be too bad.  I do know how to hit em.  The course at this local country club was absolutely stunning, but soggy wet.  We have a new president of the health system we work for, and his son goes to Duke University, and is on the men's golf team there.  He is pretty amazing.  He sat at one hole on the course and was charging $40 to hit a shot for you.  And it counted.  We think each of the teams that were playing scramble for the day took him up on his over.  I think there may have been twenty or so teams.  I do believe he will be in the pro circuit very soon, and I even got to shake his hand, after I hit in front of him and he said that was one of the best hits he had seen at this hole all day.  I would like to think he wasn't lying.  :)







Here are the two babies I trapped this morning.  I am sick over this white one, she is so beautiful, and adoptable, and it makes me sick to return her to her spot - which is not one of my regular spots, I cannot keep feeding there, there are no abandoned houses, or lots on this street that is parallel to Parsells Avenue.  The other one, the black one, is from Ferndale and Webster.  I prayed that Crazy Mary wouldn't take the unattended trap.  Of course I don't leave my traps for long, but I do have to continue feeding at all the other spots I have.  That is the hard part of me trapping each week, I am doing it alone.  I would love to have someone step up and foster this medium haired beauty before tomorrow morning after she is spayed. 

One of my readers has a family member who is mentally ill, and yesterday had suggested leaving something to distract Crazy Mary - like a box of donuts.  After thinking about this, I don't think something like this would work.  She considers me to be the devil, she considers me evil, and vile, and I don't think she would touch a single thing I left for her - she would think I was trying to poison her, but she is quick to remove the food from these shelters.  I have been by her house a street away, and she does not leave food for the nearly 20 cats I have seen in this neighborhood, which she considers her cats.  I will continue to do what I can at this spot, although it weighs heavily on my mind each day when I have to go there, that I may have conflict to begin my route.

Please remember my fundraiser.  July 18th, Rush Creekside Inn.  Its going to be a blast, and its only a month away.  I am nervous and excited.  We are still looking for a small band to play between 4-6 pm, which will be the time we do the raffle items, so they would have to be flexible.  We are still looking for baskets for raffling off, and/or gift certificates.  Any and all help would be appreciated!  The proceeds will enable me to continue to go into the Beechwood section of Rochester and feed and shelter and spay the nearly 50+ cats I see each morning, not to mention the ones I don't see that come out when I leave.  I've been doing this for way too long and have spent way too much money out of my own pocket.  I beg of you to help me make a difference.

Thank you for reading, and have a great day!

"The world is before you, and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in."

4 comments:

  1. Can't you keep the white one?? You have an open spot now that frisco has been adopted. She's beautiful and will adopted in a flash!! Think about it!!! -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, the white one will be snapped up quick, provided she does not meet her end while waiting on the streets :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you are looking for inside homes for these babies, Janie, but as always, if you are looking for a safe place for them, we are always willing to take them. They will be outside but fed, safe, in the country and out of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How old is the white one and is she tame? You didnt describe her much! Any takers yet? Please describe and hold her for a couple days to give anyone who CAN a chance!!

    ReplyDelete