Monday, June 1, 2015

Kodak Moments?

Below are pictures I was able to get on Saturday morning before my crappy camera died on me.  I hate that camera so much. 
This morning it was absolutely miserable out.  Not only did it rain steadily all day yesterday, Sunday, but it poured steadily all night long.  I left the house at 4:15 this morning to a steady heavy mist falling on every strand of my hair.  It will now be a frizz ball for the rest of this week, after having paid to get it straightened last week.  My hair abhors the humidity.  And I abhor my hair when its humid out.  But never mind my hair, its the poor animals.  The first and second picture below is the only spot I have that has no shelter whatsoever.  I started putting food here on Parsells in early spring because of the many kitties I saw there as I was headed to my REAL first spot.  I have TNRd at least four here, and rescued one.  The red beauty below is new.   I place the bowls down even in the rain, knowing they will stand there in the rain and eat, they are so hungry. 
Then there are the towels.  I replaced most of them at all 16 locations.  Soaking wet.  I am not sure how all that moisture gets inside the shelters I've built.  Maybe its the tarps I have draped over the shelters, maybe some are not waterproof.   I wish I had the perfect shelters at each of these locations.  These cats really depend on them.  I pray the rain ends today.  We've all had enough.
Shelterless feeding spot on Parsells

Little Baby at 1st Parsells spot - one of the twins

Petey on Parsells

Paulie on Parsells

Little baby on Baldwin
One highlight of the weekend. Sunday morning - with Sunday Sheryl - on Second Street (yes, where the murder took place last week), as we were behind Paul's house we could hear what sounded like a puppy whimpering.  I quickly poured the food and water down, and we went to investigate.  I went into the neighbor's back yard to see if I could find something, and all I found was a forest of weeds. I don't think they have ever mowed their lawn back there, but I also saw a fenced in dog cage, empty.  We went behind the next house, which is the bootlegger's house. and immediately jumped because a large black pit bull started to bark its head off. The dog was tethered to something.  We couldn't stay to find the puppy making this distressed noise.  I immediately went back to the car and called 911.  There was no house number on the house to give them.  I just gave them the details, and headed on my way to finish my route.  I hope they went to investigate.  The 911 operator said it would be reported to animal control, and 911.  I am dying to know what happened. 

I know my concerned friends think I am nuts.  But I will tell you this.  I would rather die trying to save an animal than.................  well, I don't know how to end that sentence.  But if I suspect an animal is hurting, I will do everything in my power to help that animal.  Period.  Thank you for your concern.  :)

Here are more pictures of Frisco, the kitty who had a chicken bone lodged in his mouth.  He needs a home desperately.  Please spread the word:


And now, go and have a great day!
“We need, in a special way, to work twice as hard to help people understand that the animals are fellow creatures, that we must protect them and love them as we love ourselves.”  


  1. what a lovely orange kitty Frisco is, and so lucky you came along, he would have had a slow lingering death bu starvation otherwise, thank you for helping him and all the animals Janine ! God Bless you

  2. I agree! Frisco looks so sweet. I wish I could adopt him - I have a soft spot for orange kitties. I am SO thankful you were there to save him. ♥

  3. Janine, don't know if you received my follow-up email about the wood. If you want it to try and waterproof some of the shelters, please contact me. You have my previous emails. - Laurie