Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tap Tap Tap

Its funny how you get to know the sounds out in the darkness of the hood in the morning.  when i am on Second Street, behind Paul's, I always here a tap tap tap sound, and know immediately its coming from two houses down, where the bootlegger lives, and you know its someone wanting cigarettes, booze, or whatever they buy there all hours of the night.  On Seventh, I hear the rooster crowing.  On Webster, I hear the crying sound of the cats waiting for their food.

Not much to report today.  I came down with a nasty cold, and just plain don't feel well.  Not even in the mood for wine after work, which is when you know I really don't feel good.  :)

The kitties were out in full swing this morning, waiting for breakfast.  Its mild out today - maybe in the 50's when I was out - 4:45 am. to 5:50 am. - supposed to be in the 60s during the day.  It'll go downhill the remainder of the week, rain and cold.  I am trying my best to shelter these poor animals.  I have temporary set ups at two of my 16 locations.  Temporary because I don't know if the owners of the place will come by these vacant homes, and destroy them.  They ARE home, however, to the cats that are waiting for me at these locations.  I have made progress with the cats at the first place, they are trusting me more and more.  I am now seeing the mother of the two kittens that were born here - the kittens being about six months of age. I need to get mom and kitten spayed/neutered soon.  At this second temporary location, I was hoping to get the petite red and the petite black kitties into the same place I brought Blackie to.  But now I am second guessing that decision.

No word on Blackie.  My heart aches for him.

Have a good day.


"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission--to be of service to them whenever they require it... If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
        --Saint Francis of Assisi 

1 comment:

  1. May you get well soon. Rarely when I do get a cold. I make an orange peel tea with honey squeesing the rest of the orange into it. Think its the oils from the peel that clear me up.

    ReplyDelete