Monday, November 3, 2014

Dancin in the Dark

George says HI!

Midnight says HI!

Smokey aka FANG says HI!

Not much dancin, more like prancin.  Sunday morning, and this morning, I redesigned and secured a few of my spots/shelters.  My wish list?  TARPS, BOARDS of all sizes, and AAA BATTERIES.  The headlamp I use in the dark, I just changed the batteries two weeks ago, with DURACELL no less, and its already dim.  I have three of them, and they all are dim dim dim.  Batteries are expensive.  Tarps, I need the larger sized tarps, the darker the better, and boards, all sizes are needed.  I thank Carol for the doors she dropped of a few weeks ago, and even my roofer provided me with one of those big pieces of wood the roofers use.


I had my share of sadness this weekend.  Little Henry, or as my mother calls him Henry T (as in an old Ford car?) has been very ill the past five days or so.  My mother adoptrede him last weekend, and noticed the change in his behavior, lack of playing, eating, etc.  She finally broughtt him to vet and they did blood work, gave him fluids, and said it could be a viral thing and there’s not much more they can do except to monitor him.  We split THAT bill – being $187 – oh, they did give him a $44 shot of clavamox along with it.  On Sunday morning, Mom called to tell me Henry was running around the house like a madman that morning.  So, whatever he had, it finally eased up, and he is doing well, and scheduled for snip snip tomorrow at County Line.  J  We truly thought he was a goner though, each morning I would dread the early morning call from Mom to give me a progress report.  Thinking the worst....




Saturday morning, I was told that Blackie escaped his cage out in Branchport.  He’s been gone ever since.  I have such mixed feelings about this.  As much as you want to place these cats in more serene environments, more protected, more safe and secure, you wonder if you are doing the right thing.  So far, it has not turned out well for me with rehoming cats.  Sure, I do wish my friends had been more careful, but Blackie bolted out like lightning when they opened the cage to feed him.  I was numb on Saturday after I was told.  Its heartbreaking to know this little boy is completely lost out there – not knowing where he is, or never seeing his ‘companion’ cats again, nor me, with my kissing sound I made every morning for years since I’ve been feeding him.  They did say the next morning there were signs of the food being eaten, and they are securing the spot with extra straw bales, leaving the blankets in the open cage, calling for him.  But my heart is aching for him.  I will regret doing this, and the others, until the day I die.  Please say a prayer for Blackie.

Please don’t forget my wish list:

Food (wet and dry)
Tarps
Boards
AAA Batteries


Have a good day.



Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


3 comments:

  1. My Fellow Cat lovers,

    I believe the best way we could Honor Janine on Janine Wagner Day(11-14-14) is to donate whatever we can food, money, foster, or adopt one of her homeless Cats etc. After all , at the end of the day rescuing Kitties is Janine's passion ,so what better way to honor her than by helping her help the Kitties. Thanking you all in advance for your consideration.

    Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Walt.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 2nd that Walt (plus wine)!!

    ReplyDelete