Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Colors

Now, I am not a prejudice person, never have been, and hopefully never will be. I firmly believe its not the color you are, but the way you were raised. Your values, your faith, love. Thats where compassion should grow from. But if you don't have that, you will never know compassion. The majority of folks living where I feed at are black and very poor. Some are kind to me, and some are not. I am not sure if its because they don't like whites, or they don't like cats, or is it a combination of the two? And why don't they? I can't figure it out - except to think its the way they were raised. There are some white trashy people also where if killing were legal, I am sure they would have had their barrel pointed at me a few time over the course of the years... This morning I tried to trap another kitty on Niagara Street, but to no avail. They are smart they are. They snuck inside to get the moist and smelly tuna fish but before the door could shut, they backed out, twice! I have been blessed with appointments at a clinic for trap neuter and spay for the month of May on Wednesdays, but have only had success once so far this month, fingers crossed for next Wednesday, the last in May. My problem now is, with this house demolished on 7th street, where there are fertile females galore, they have no shelter anymore except the rickety board I have leaned against the back with food under it. And its hard to know you will be putting an animal back in that very stressful situation. When I went there this morning, imagine a house that was once there, and where its basement was, is now a cesspool full of dark muddy water, and a mudpit surrounding it. It was not fun trudging through that this morning to get to the food. I pray that this post will make others aware of the need to help out just once in their lives to make this a better world for animals, in some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment