Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Besides the normal things that disturb me each morning, there are a few things that have been standing out lately. On Hayward Avenue, where I rescued Jack and Mama Girl, and found homes for Betty, and others, there is a cat that I first saw last winter, beautiful thick black fur, an Angora obviously, and I've been feeding it and seeing it sporadically, but this past week, about four days ago, I noticed it looked like a large piece of fur on its side had been shaved and the fur was hanging off its side. Since then I've wanted to trap it, it has no where to go, and hisses at me from a distance, and it came close to biting me at one point. But this morning, after not having seen it in a few days, the other side of its fur looks worn off. I have a feeling its very sickly, and I should trap it and bring it to a shelter. I think it might be better off there, could be euthanized, but I believe its suffering, so I will try to trap it in the next few days. The next thing that disturbed me this morning was seeing my poor Smokey #2 trotting along to get its morning food from me in front of the garage. His fur is getting very mangy, and he is frightened to death, but he has been allowing me to pet and scratch him for about a minute, which is better than it has been. I know I can get him if I only had a place to bring him! He is the one that was dumped by some 'woman' because he was spraying her house. And lastly, not not least!, is Smokey #1 on corners of Central and Goodman. I've been feeding him for nearly two years now, and he is so dirty, and flea infested, and just so pitiful looking. Won't fall for the trap, I've tried it. I know he would be a good pet, as a lot of them are that I feed daily, but there just aren't enough places for these poor souls!~ We need more folks to adopt them and give them tender loving care in rehabilitating them to trusting humans again! Well, its off to work, another day, another dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment