Thursday, November 15, 2018

Toot Your Own Horn!

I swear I am not trying to brag, but a friend reminded me the other day (usually its my mother), that on November 14th, it was Janine Wagner Day in the City of Rochester - I received a proclamation from the Mayor's Office, nominated by Walt and Karon Simoni?  Very sweet, and very special to me.


😄


Little Sabrina, who I rescued yesterday, has really come around. She is a sweet little girl, and very loving!  She has used the litter box, and is eating like a champ.  She was quite scared yesterday and hid but would come out when you sat down and talked to her softly.  She is still a bit frightened of noise, but will have to get used to that, with her new foster - including dogs!  They all come around, I swear.  Some take longer than others.  Some become besties, some learn to tolerate.  (dogs and cats). Sabrina goes to the vet today for an exam, shots and testing.  I can't remember when she was TNR'd, so will have to have her shots done again.

Katie, the kitty I rescued several weeks ago from Central Park, went to her hopefully forever home yesterday.  So far so good!  Thank you to her new Mom, for adopting an older gal.  You will reap the rewards someday when you see how grateful she is when she looks at you.  They all do.  And thank you Carol for fostering her. 

KATIE
KATIE'S NEW SIBLINGS
WAITING TO MEET HER!

Now to get Connor, Parsley and Hermie a forever home!

It was very cold out.  27 degrees.  I am still placing shelters, building up colonies.  I saw Mr. Grey, whom a friend has dubbed CJ (Captain Jack), and Tex (the woman who will foster him for Tabby Town, a rescue in Buffalo who has offered to take him under their wing).  I will rescue Tex tomorrow morning, and then hopefully CJ next week.  I then have another gal who has offered to take another, and that will be a hard pick again.  There are just so many out there.

Have a great day.  The following is oh so true.

"If we believe that tomorrow will be better, 
we can bear a hardship today."

1 comment:

  1. Janine,

    Congratulations once again Cat Angel on your well deserved Proclamation from Mayor Warren declaring November 14th as Janine Wagner Day in the City of Rochester.

    I would have been remiss had I not nominated you for this prestigious honor for all the tireless work you do on behalf of all the defenseless and discarded felines you feed, shelter, medicate and alter in the Beechwood section of the City of Rochester.

    Hopefully, I can convince ESL one of these years to bestow upon you their Jefferson Award!


    Sincerely,
    Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete