Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Part Two


It was a miserable snowy and cold morning out there.  I desperately need pre-made shelters, but am fresh out.  I wanted to place one on every corner I passed.  There are just so many homeless cats.  But I did what I could to make their miserable lives a bit better, not great, but better.   I also rescued another cat this morning!  This little girl has been hanging on the side of the road all summer.  She just won't go to the shelters in the back on Central.  After placing food down under the tree, on the snow covered grass, with the snowy wind blowing, I got back in the truck.  I watched her, and thought - hmmm, I know my friend Kim offered to foster another kitty, and we were gooing to do this on Thursday, but I just have to get her off the street, so I did it today, a day early.   "Sabrina" will stay in my bathroom until her vet appointment tomorrow for a thorough exam, and then will be picked up by Kim after she gets out of work.  Sabrina is one lucky kitty but might now know it yet.  She is scared, but loves my petting and scratching her.  She still has not eaten.  This might be her first time in a house!  She was a former TNR, and now rescued.  (LOVE)!



This little guy has to be next.  He is very vulnerable out on the streets, very sweet, and very beautiful.  Hoping someone will step up for him next.




He reminds me so much of my Smokey Bear, who just recently passed.





And speaking of civility (yesterday's post), a reader close to the area shared with me that she decided to write a letter to the Deacon of the Pentecostal church on Central Park who kept throwing out the tiny bowl of cat food that fed two kittens and four adult cats over the summer - one of whom was Katie who I recently rescued.  She said it really bothered her that a man of God could treat one of God's creatures like that.  Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this.  I am assuming she will be sending it to the Deacon sometime this week.

Dear Reverend Ray,

I have thought about writing to you for a couple of weeks now, but I thought that maybe my feelings would just pass…… a fleeting moment that would not continue to nag at me. I was wrong.

I was getting ready for work early one morning when I heard voices outside. What I heard saddened me a great deal and is sticking with me to a degree that I feel I would like to address it with you.

You were clearly angered by a woman who comes to feed stray animals. You were very unkind to her. I know that she comes around frequently very early in the mornings. This seems to be done out of the kindness of her heart and a caring of all living things…….as we are all God’s creatures. Maybe she is being charitable in a way that you disagree with but how do you judge charitability?

Job 35:11 “Who teaches us more than the beasts of the Earth and makes us wiser than the birds of the Heavens”

When any living thing is hurt, neglected, starved….. it is heartbreaking. This includes ALL God’s creatures. This woman is being a voice for those creatures that do not have a voice of their own and you are hurting her soul with your cruel words. In this day and age of anger, violence, and intolerance, I found it disgraceful that a spokesperson for God could be so unkind. Can’t you just respectfully agree to disagree? And if you have no regard for a suffering, starving animal…..cannot you at least offer a fellow human being who is trying to do a good deed a warm cup of coffee so early in the morning.

If you are truly a man of God, can you humble yourself, step back, and take stock of ALL things around you that the Lord has put on this Earth.

So many of us ask ourselves, “What would Jesus do?”

Please ask yourself, is this how Jesus would act?

I thank you for listening.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a powerful letter. I hope he is able to open his mind and heart to her words and not just make a knee-jerk, reaction of defending himself and not really consider the other side. Bless her for this letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine, my husband and I would gladly make some of the pre-made shelter that you need. Do you have any specifications such as size, material, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I find it unfathomable that a religious person would not be supportive of ALL creatures. I would be happy to send the Deacon of the Pentecostal church on Central Park a letter, in addition to the above letter, if you think that would help. Or even give him a call.

    ReplyDelete