Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Update!


Pumpkin


Cats on Chamberlain


Miss Kitty on Central


Cats on Second


Orangie on Webster
Some great things happened this weekend.  I finally met someone who had been reading my blog and was bound and determined to help me with the cats any way that he could.  He actually drove to one of my spots, Short Street, where I've lost the use of feeding under the porch of Mr. Barnett's house, and have been feeding a bunch of kitties for years now.  This man, Bob, met me at 5:45 am. and brought the nicest little hut that he built by hand.  He also gave me some tarps to use for some of my spots that I will need to cover to keep dry.  It was so good to meet Bob.  We had been corresponding and he has such great compassion and enthusiasm for these cats and went above and beyond to create some shelters for me, including some tote shelters.  Thank you Bob.  I am so lucky to have met you.

Also, http://www.petprideny.org/PPNY/Home.html - Pet Pride NY has graciously been helping me out for a while now also.  Every few months, they call and say they have some food for me, and I go there and pick up a bounty.  This food will usually last me close to a week - both canned and dry - that they get as damaged from stores, and I am sure Norma, who runs this wonderful establishment, throws in her own few pennies also.  This weekend, she had a surplus and I got enough dry to last me a good two weeks.  I am so grateful to you and your team Norma.  And by the way, the kitties you have at your awesome no-kill shelter are as sweet as can be.  I went in the kitten room and held each and every one of them.  So precious.  I can't thank you enough.  Really, I can't.

Disappointment galore though when it came to feeding on Seventh Street this morning.  Yes, they took my wonderful board that protected the food and blanket from the elements for these three cats that live there.  I hate whoever keeps doing this.  That board was so precious to me.  I don't know where I will find another, and its supposed to rain all day tomorrow and through the night.  I have nothing to cover their food.  I will have to leave work sometime this morning to quickly go there to see if I can seek out Maria in hopes that she has another board. 

Also, the man I refer to as the Devil Man, who trashes the food and water I place for around 5 cats on Webster and Ferndale each morning has been at it again.  It was going good for a while.  Finally, yesterday morning, I left him the following message written on the back of a paper plate:  "To a sad and lonely man, why don't you put your efforts into making your life better instead of trying to destroy others.  I am not going away.  Neither are the cats.  Janine."  The bowl and plates were there this morning.  The note wasn't.  Hmm.  Wonder if it hit home.  Not sure.  But eventually I will need to place shelter on the porch of this rundown, city-owned abandoned house.  So, in one respect, my feeding and caring for over 50+ cats got a little easier because of Bob and Pet Pride, and on the other hand, made worse by these mean mean people that have no compassion for these animals.

Tomorrow, I have a chance at TNR'g four cats.  Wish me, and Laura, luck!  Have a great day.  PS, I hope you enjoy the pictures I took this morning of some of my spot, and of Pumpkin, the little one I rescued a few weeks ago with his brother Magic and their Momma, Vanessa.

1 comment:

  1. Your entusiasem and dedication to the cats is contagious Janine, thats why those who know about you help, we belive in you, and hurt when you and the kitties get hurt.Many thanks to the Mr. Bob, what a kind man he is. Talk soon M

    ReplyDelete