Friday, September 21, 2012

Living on a Prayer

Sorry, I have the Jon Bon Jovi song is stuck in my head - and couldn't think of a good title for today's post, but I do suppose you could say that living on a prayer is how I live!  Of course, going into the hood every day is living on a prayer.  I've been blessed that nothing bad has ever happened to me.  I think most people in those neighborhoods respect what I am doing, so they don't bother me, except for 7th Street.  Have I mentioned that since I left the note for the Devil Man on Webster, my plates have remained there untouched?  On the other hand, I am not a good planner, I try not to plan too far ahead, and people that do drive me crazy, like my mother...  she will be calling me a month before Thanksgiving, and every other day will remind me of what I am supposed to be making and bringing over for the dinner.  When she travels, she starts packing a month ahead of time.  I suppose thats a good thing, instead of last minute, like me, but thats not me, and I do things on the spur of the moment.  So thats living on a prayer too I supposed.  Thats me.

I wanted to share a very amusing little story I received yesterday.  I like to check up on cats that I rescue and adopt out.  If you will recall 'Buddy', who I adopted out I think in the springtime, to a nice couple who already had one cat named Magic who was the master of her domaine.  They decided they were going to introduce the two the way they were told would be ideal, and that was several weeks of keeping them apart and introducing them slowly.  We've kept in touch throughout the year, and here is the latest on 'Buddy', who is now named Winston.

"Hi Janine,

Everyone is fine!! But so much has happen since we last communicated.

Magic was not well last month she was limping, but I couldn't figure out why (and she was a real peach to deal with...NOT!!!) I swear that cat is a complete drama queen. Anyways, she was milking the whole thing I mean whining like a real baby - - - for weeks. She was so mean to Winston (he would curl up between Rodney and I all night). They are getting along now, again! Below is a picture of my solution to her meanness...give her space.




Winston my dear baby boy, where would we be without you?! We now call him "Winston Stiff-Tail the 3rd" he's a real gentleman (somewhat of an aristocrat). He love his VEGGIES, corn, lettuce you name it...if it's green he wants some, he's still skinny (slim for the lady cats that visit him at night by the front window - a real Romeo!). He's got a few favorite spots around the house that he loves to hang out at and love talking to the squires.

He love my closet! (see picture)

We still play our game (he meows then me, then him, then me...until he doesn't want to play anymore) and he meets me at the door everyday.

I hope all is well with you. "

GREAT STORY!  I would love to share more, so if you've adopted a kitty from me in the past, write me and give me updates!

Have a great safe warm and dry weekend everyone! 

5 comments:

  1. Aaww, lovely story, thanks Janine !

    ReplyDelete
  2. JW - God bless you for what you do for these animals. YGK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Janine does wonderful work for these mostly ignored animals and she it does alone. So I Just want to say why it is such a pleasure for me, to help the Beechwood kittys improve their life a little. This month I got several requests from animal groups asking for donations, and whilst I have in the past, donated to many of them, by chance, I found the Beechwood Kittys that rely on Janine who is self funded. I know my donation goes directly to the kittys for food, shelter and care, no office admin,. rental fees ect. I do believe in the larger well known groups that care for animals, but, for me, direct to, and only for the kittys, works for me !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! Love the clubhouse! :)

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete