Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday Morning

😷

All quiet on the homefront.  That is... in the hood.  There is a little black pregnant girl (most of you reading know when I say those words, it means its a cat, not a human -😁 ) on Central between Fifth and Sixth.  I saw her once last week and had every intention to set a trap until I realized I don't have anywhere to bring her, but it was still in the back of my mind, but she hasn't been around until this morning.  She won't let me near her.  She is just hungry enough to sit back and wait for me to leave after pouring the food into the bowls.  The spot is just under the tree there, so no protection from the rain, which it was doing.  I gave her a can of wet food, and she was hungrily chowing on it as I drove away. 

NIAGARA Kitties
The ASS.... is still taking my boards on Niagara.  He did it again ..  I discovered Friday morning?   So if anyone is sitting around wondering what to do, if you are able to make cardboard boards, it would be helpful.  The CHEWY boxes are very thick and are the best, and I believe all you need to do is wrap plastic tablecloth (brown) or sheeting around it and tape it really good.  Obviously, the boxes need to be flattened, and the bigger the better.  I've had few folks make them for me and they are a godsend because wooden boards that size are hard to come by.

MELVILLE Red
The little fluffy red on Melville, that I have been feeding for years, runs to the tree I feed under every morning now, and I am able to pet and feel around his body.  He is terribly matted.  Really bad.  He needs a full-body shave and a foster home to get him off the street.  I hope that happens soon.  The matting, which is tight to his skin, must be very painful to him.

The clinic has informed all rescues that it is going to be remaining closed through May now.  Its a terrible disappointment to the cat rescue community, as there aren't many choices to trap, neuter and return the ferals.   There are so many pregnant cats out there that are going to have a painful litter, and most likely the kittens will die due to exposure to the cold.



Speaking of kittens, I went to see Gracie's babies this weekend.  God, they are cute.  Although as I told Sue, they will be much cuter in about two weeks.  They are still at that 'not so cute' stage (sorry!  but that's MY truth! 😮 )

Gracie is being adopted, when she is ready after the babies have been weaned and she gets spayed, by a former adopter's niece.  Laurie, my former adopter, adopted three kitties from me.  She's been a Godsend.  And she also rescued my sanity with a bit of Titos delivered to my door.  :) Love her.

That's all I have for now.

Have a great day!


“The Seven Social Sins are:

Wealth without work.
Pleasure without conscience.
Knowledge without character.
Commerce without morality.
Science without humanity.
Worship without sacrifice.
Politics without principle."

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you each Am.....��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,
    I have boards....please call me.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janine, I'm checking with a friend about Melville Red. But, in the meantime, I can provide temporary shelter for him in our guest bedroom and also take him to our vet to get shaved,and have a checkup, shots/vaccines. Please let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete