Thursday, April 30, 2020

Fosters Needed!

Well, look at what happened yesterday!

KITTEN #1

KITTEN #2

KITTEN #3

KITTEN #4


Two whites, two tabbies.  Two girls, two boys.  The last pic of the white has a green eye and a blue eye.  Yes, this is my life.

Desperately seeking a foster for these four.  Foster must have a clean and tidy house, must have a small but decent sized room with few obstacles that these kittens can crawl into.  They cannot be allowed to hide or get into something they cannot get out of.  Foster must be able to spend time holding and cuddling these kittens so that they can begin to trust humans.  They are approximately five weeks old.




I am reminded of a morning a few years back visiting family on Hilton Head Island.  I get up very early (yes, even when I am not feeding cats!) and I would walk or bike to the beach each morning.  In that early hour, the sun was just peeking over the crest of the water, so it was not quite light yet.  I love to walk the beach, the quietness of my being alone at that time, my toes sinking in the sand, the gentle water lapping at my feet, but with each step I took, I had to pick up the starfish that was in my path and throw them into the ocean.  I didn't even think of this poem while doing it, nor do I remember ever reading it, but I knew I had to save these poor fish that were out of their element.  I just kept throwing and throwing and throwing, until I was overwhelmed knowing I just couldn't save them all.

The Starfish Story

There is an adult walking on the beach. In the distance he sees a child throwing something into the ocean. As the person gets closer, the child is seen surrounded by starfish that have washed up in the tide. The child reaches down, picks up another starfish and throws it in the water. The adult questions the child, “Don’t you see how many there are? You will never be able to make a difference.” The child picks up another starfish, throws it into the ocean and says, “I made a difference for that one.”

That's it for now.

Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment