Monday, April 6, 2020

Keep the Faith




Another boring weekend out there, but thanks to Sheryl and Kim for the laughter and conversation we have on Saturday mornings at 4:30 am.  I couldn’t do it without those girls!  This virus spreading through the country right now has us all a bit on edge.  When I am feeling gloomy or anxious, I try to change my focus on activities or connecting with other people or reminding myself that we have been through difficulties before. My mood eventually changes. 

I think it’s important to recognize that we might be ultra-sensitive to others’ anxiety right now. Our social brains are hardwired through evolution to pick up on other people’s fear and absorb it as our own. We tend to look on Facebook more for what others are doing, people walking down the street, or standing there with a mask on, it makes me anxious.  But I also think it’s perfectly ordinary to feel that way. We’re all being tested at this time, and we will get to the other side of it, and we’ll look back and ask ourselves how we conducted ourselves throughout this, including how we treated other people.  All we can do each day is the best we can do, but we can do the best we can each day.

Just some cute kitten pics of kittens I've rescued over the years.

LOLLIE and POP!

SUGAR and SIMON!
MOOKIE!
Back to cats.  Guess what?  Misty was adopted and is very loved by her new mom.  It took about a minute for her shyness to go away and jump up on the lap of the woman that is going to love this cat to pieces.  I am very happy for her, and thankful to Max for adapting her from a shy street cat, to a loving pet for someone!  :) 

MISTY!!
I do know there is a handful I would like to rescue right now, but I have to wait.  I need fosters for adult cats first.  I would need to have them brought to a clinic that morning to have them treated.  My low-income clinic is still closed!  :(  Some of these few have been on the streets for a while now, some longer than others, and whoever fosters needs to know about time and patience.  Some may be very shy and hide at first.  But with time and them learning to trust you, you are helping to shape that cat into a wonderful life companion!

Have a good day, and don't go crazy!

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one."


No comments:

Post a Comment