Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Chappy



So this morning was a skip morning to feed the cats.  I am trying to every other day now because of the cost, and scarcity, of dry food.  I am spending enormous amounts of money on food for the homeless cats out there, and the well is running dry quickly.  As I was doing my morning exercises, I turned on the news to hear about a homicide on Grand Avenue.  Grand and Chamberlain to be exact.  That is the corner store that I named the resident homeless black cat after.  Chappas is the store, but Chappy is the cat.  My heart sank.  Apparently, someone went in to rob the store there and shot the clerk to death.  And he hasn't been caught.  Yikes.  The store is also an apartment/house and I feed under the house under the porch there.  Not only Chappy but a very friendly calico, who must be fixed as I've never seen her pregnant.

This really is a dangerous thing I do every day.  I am surprised that there has been only a half a handful of incidents throughout the 20 years I've been doing this.  I know others worry, but I have always been a daredevil in many facets of my life, and that won't change.  Live and let live.  One day at a time.  Sorry, Mom.  :)

I also received a call from the nice man who allows me to feed on his property on the side of his garage/barn/shed on Garson.  He said 'guess what we have?  kittens!  and they are at the cutesy stage' which means they are going to be turning feral, quickly.  I am waiting on his response to allow me to bring him kitten traps and set them for me.  I just can't do it alone.  I just can't do it all.  I am burning out.  And IF I can get them, I will have to 'tame' them and find them fosters.

I also received a call yesterday from a woman that lives just down a block on Garson.  I've helped her in the past lending a trap, etc., as she feeds the ferals in her back yard.  She asked me to help her with deworming the cats.  I have no idea what she needs, but I did respond to her message that she can call me this morning.



Muffin.  He was brought into the Pittsford Animal Hospital yesterday by his adoptor.  He lost all the fur on the end of his tail and it was bleeding.  Well, after a thorough exam, it was determined that he needed the tip amputated and the charges will be between $1100 and $1500.  Yep.  His adopter did a fundraiser and was able to come up with $500.  She has very little money herself and lives off her social security.   Just what I needed.   This was not in my budget.  As I've said, the creek is running dry.

Have a great day!

"It's not the load that breaks you, 
its the way you carry it."

No comments:

Post a Comment