Monday, April 13, 2020

Gracie

Well, it was a miserable morning out there.  3:09 am., out the door into the pouring rain.  Not fun.  When I say I go out in all kinds of weather, it's true.  No matter what it's doing at that time, it doesn't stop me.  It's like the USPS creed: "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."  Although I would hate to be a postman - now THAT'S a tough job.  Luckily, toward the end of my 'shift', the rain dissipated and all was well.  The cats eating under the trees along the route were able to without getting soaked.  I did hunker down (is that the right term?) all the shelters with extra bricks as winds today are expected to gust up to 70 mph.  Yikes.  Rochester weather.  Spring weather.  Very unpredictable.



Saturday morning, as I was pouring food down under the tree on Stout and Grand Avenue, a little black kitty walked up to me and allowed me to pet her while she began to hungrily gobble the food.  As I stood there, I realized this cat was very pregnant, proving the fact after I gently felt her belly and her huge nipples.  I went back to the truck, sat for a second wondering what to do, who would foster her, and then opened the back door, grabbed the carrier and without thinking another thought just walked back to the tree and scooped her up. 



Baby 1 & 2

Baby 3 & 4

Off "Gracie" went to foster Sue's house that morning.   By 2:30 pm. that afternoon, Gracie began her contractions.  By 5:00 pm., she had the last of her four babies.  Amazing.  I think God puts us in the right place at the right time for a reason.  If I hadn't been there that morning at that exact time, that cat would have had her babies in the bushes, under a porch, or somewhere outside where the babies would not have survived.  It was 32 degrees that morning.  Windchill making it feel like 24 degrees.  So while I am all for spaying pregnant females because we have far too many homeless cats in this world, I am grateful for this divine intervention and gift of life.  These cats will never have to suffer like the ones left behind.  The ones I go out and feed every day.  Please consider foster and adoption.

Gracie - isn't she beautiful!

Have a great day!

"The gem cannot be polished
without friction,
nor man perfected
without trials."


3 comments:

  1. Janine,

    You never cease to Amaze us. You truly are the Cat Angel!

    Karon and I are sending you a check for $100/dollars in Honor of our late Suki and Sammy to help support these 4 newborn kittens.

    We implore all your followers to please donate whatever they can so you could continue your Excellent work Cat Angel.


    Love,
    Walt & Karon Simoni




    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janine, thank goodness you were there to scoop her up - and just in the nick of time! I send you $100, also. Thank you, Walt and Karon, for the inspiration to do so. Janine, would you prefer a check or a direct donation to the link above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anne,

      I do not believe neither Karon nor I have ever had the honor of meeting you. However, thank you very much for your instant generosity and continued support of Janine's mission.
      Kind people like yourself do make a big difference in the lives of the 100 plus Kitties that Janine feeds, shelters and medicates on a daily basis.


      Sincerely,
      Walt & Karon Simoni

      Delete