Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday Blah

Quiet out there!  And I like it.  No drama.  Please.  Not after what happened four months or so ago.  Although I am still as paranoid as I could ever be once I am on the west side of Goodman.  Thats where I start each day.  Face the fear head on.  Get it over with.  I can then relax once I head back east after crossing Webster Ave. 

I was alerted by the AWESOME Chuck and Danielle, the two that built a shelter, and feed daily, the cats at DeGeorge Ceilings on Parsells, where Chuck works, and convince his boss, the owner, to let him place a shelter there next to the business, that there were newborn kittens discovered yesterday morning.  One was dead.  One was alone in a different cubby than the other (the shelter is comprised of several little 'apartments'.  No sign of the mother.  I told them to put the lone one in with the others, and leave them be, for now, to see if the mother comes back.  I checked on them this morning, but the way Chuck has the tarp rigged up and nailed down, I couldn't see inside very well.  I let them know, and hopefully they will go there this morning to find out if kittens are still there, and still alive.

If they are, I have bottle feeders on standby thanks to Keller's Kats.  I was speaking to Karla yesterday about a venture she is interested in starting, and I mentioned these kittens, and how I don't have anyone to bottle feed, so there you go, she offered. 

And really thats all the news I have.  I have an adopter for Gracie, and the kittens are now ... 9 days old?  Adorable. 





"Sometimes you need those bad days, because it helps you to truly appreciate the good ones."



No comments:

Post a Comment