Thursday, May 23, 2019

Updates!


First things first.  On Tuesday, we trapped a beautiful boy from Parsells #1 spot and had him neutered.  Thanks Joel and Kings.  I appreciate your willingness to step in and help me during my convalescence.  We must continue to try to alleviate the severe problem we have with the overpopulation of cats, and we can only start with one cat at a time.  We had to let the little one back the next morning.  He sped off like a shot.



Second, of the two bottle babies I had in my care – I think I mentioned I had to bring them to Kitten Korner Rescue because the little grey one was not doing well, and I didn’t know what to do for the poor thing – one has survived.  The little grey baby passed overnight on Tuesday.  Just so sad all the way around.   First there were five, now there are three, although I don’t know the status of the two that another rescue took in last weekend.   Thank you to these rescues that TRY.  Thank you to Cyndy for caring for them during their second week of life.  Thank you to Sue for caring for them for their first few days.  Thanks Kings for doing your best to feed them for a few days.   Laraine sent me this video which I will try to upload.  The little black girl is thriving!



TURN UP YOUR SOUND FOR THIS ONE!  PURRRRRRR



Next, we have the rescues from Webster Avenue.  I have not received an update, but know they were close to weaning themselves.  We know one name to be Winky, and I’ve picked out a few others that would fit.  And they are gender neutral!  Winnie, Wilbur and Willow!  Now we just need to attach their names to the kittens, and get some little color collars on them, and get pictures!~  Woo hoo!  Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! 

Winky, Willow, Wilbur & Winnie!

Petunia and her babies are slowly coming around.  The babies are beginning to wean and use the litter box.  We have three pre-adopted already!  Someone is going to visit Petunia this weekend as well!  Ariel and her babies are all pre-adopted.




My second cousin called me for advice this week.  She found five kittens in her barn.  Momma cat is a calico.  Kittens are very pretty.  There unfortunately was a nest of raccoons in said barn, so she had to remove the kittens, and bottle feed.  They are a few weeks old already, she believes, and have opened their eyes.  She has asked me to take them in after they are bottle fed, and she will try to get momma trapped.  One of the kittens, a red one, died for some reason.




This may be my last post for a while folks.  I will miss you my wonderful blog friend, my diary.  I’ve got to get myself a laptop with keyboard somehow.  I can’t go down the stairs at home to get to the computer, and I can’t type new posts on blog from cell phone because it won’t let me!  So, wish me luck, say a little prayer that I am back on my feet in no time, and back out there saving cats!

Have a great day!


Image result for quotes on gratitude and happiness

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janine,
    So good to read your updates! I will miss your blog as I look for it everyday. Congrats on your healed fracture, prayers for your upcoming surgery. Hope to have you back in the saddle again soon! Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post I'm very intersted in this topic. Bundaberg vets Why not give each the advantages of a wholesome life-style?Studying all the things you will get your palms on - or click on on along with your mouse - is a good suggestion, since a fundamental basis of information will stand you in good stead in case remedial care is required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,thank you for sharing this. And thank you for rescuing the pets. I tried once to be a part of rescue team and it was fun. I'm supporting all the pet adoption campaign and I'm proud that all my pets are from the animal shelter.

    ReplyDelete